Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samson's Whitetail Mountain anybody been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious if anyone has any feedback on their experience at Samson's Whitetail Mountain in Vienna, IL.

Let's put it this way. I have a few friends that have hunted there. From what they have said, it is the closest thing to a canned hunt you can get. You tell them what you want to shoot and if they don't have it, they will get it.

Comment

“Pull!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's probably more challenging to pick out the steak you want a the supermarket than it is to shoot a deer there.

Comment

Kinda what I was thinking.

Still would like to hear from someone who has actually been there.

Comment

I found this interesting and hope it helps.

Comment

If a kid is a terrible baseball player can recieve a trophy for just showing up why cant a grown man!

Comment

I know a guy who went there, killed his deer and could not leave with the meat. Needless to say he was not excited about the hunt and will never go back or recommend the place.

Comment

You don’t have to be a brain surgeon to figure out the hunting operation that guarantees success on huge deer. Really no different than the exotic ranches you see advertised here. Animals are put in a pasture and the hunter pays a fee to kill one. The “ranch” then has to replace it with another.

Like other things these places would not be able to exist if there wasn’t a market for it. Face it, deer farming/ hunting is big business these days. Lots of deep pockets to feed the business.

Comment

I've been. It was a nice experience good people. You still have to make the shot. But they said we could not eat the meat due to shots they have to give them to make sure they do not get diseases. They have money invested and the shots make sure they don't lose that investment. Its a luxury hunt not a hard challenging hunt. But if you bow hunt its defiantly harder. I enjoyed the hunt we bow hunted. 201" 21" wide 19pt 6.75" bases.
                    Attached Files

Comment

No but I had a client who hunted sanctuary ranch http://sanctuary-ranch.com/
                      Kinda the same canned hunt thing, super expensive 100% kill
                      Had a client of my uncle who killed the SCI world record with a pistol, killed a 340 inch deer
                      It was a cage kill said “ he thought about killing it with a spear because his pistol had a muzzle break and was super loud “
                      I have nothing but contempt for these places ( but what ever floats your boat)

If I ever get invited to a game ranch I am not packing any camouflage! I want to make my kill and take my photos in a tuxedo

Comment

Just read that website, that's crazy. How is he even still in business? What a joke.
                        Last edited by EastTexasMan; 08-30-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                          I've been. It was a nice experience good people. You still have to make the shot. But they said we could not eat the meat due to shots they have to give them to make sure they do not get diseases. They have money invested and the shots make sure they don't lose that investment. Its a luxury hunt not a hard challenging hunt. But if you bow hunt its defiantly harder. I enjoyed the hunt we bow hunted. 201" 21" wide 19pt 6.75" bases.
                          Shots so they don't get diseases? You mean like cows get? That doesn't make sense, how come every other HF ranch doesn't give them this poisonous shot? Seems you can eat the deer everywhere else that's HF....

Comment

I know someone who worked at the sanctuary in Michigan probably 15 years ago. If I remember right, they had to build another fence 15 feet inside the existing fence, and kill every deer on the property due to some illness outbreak. I can’t remember what it was, but it could be transmitted through nose contact, hence the additional fence.

Tuberculosis maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-30-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I'm betting the shots they give are the tranquilizers they use to move the animals.

Comment

Working...
                              X