Buc-ee’s In El Campo sold out to Stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buc-ee’s In El Campo sold out to Stripes

Was on my way to Blessing this morning to go duck hunting and our normal richual is to stop at Buc-ee’s to grab a Taco and a coffee before we head to the blind. To my surprise there a Stripes sign on the building now. Walked in got our items and checking out I asked the cashier when and why Buc-ss’s sold out to Stripes. He said it changed ownership theee weeks ago and they were getting rid of their smaller stores and they had/going to even sell their original store in East Barnard. I was just surprised that they had sold out.

Well I bet you paid less money for that taco and coffee this time

Comment

It will go down quick. Most of the employees at the Stripes in my area look and act like they just rolled out of the county lockup. I hope the small Bucees by my house stays open.

Comment

The Strips here is terrible. They are always out of gas and I have to make my own coffee half the time.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Most of the employees at the Stripes in my area look and act like they just rolled out of the county lockup.
          That’s because they did!

Comment

Every Stripes I go into seems dirty and sticky. Almost as bad as Allsups

Comment

Yea Stripes employees ain't nothing like Buc-ees..a whole diff class of people...Pay ain't same either..
              Stripes got better Tacos and better most of the time and way cheaper like AC said...But their Coffee taste Day Old when its fresh..

I will miss that Buc...its was like all Clean /Fast/Friendly/....elsewhere thy will still get my business...like thy say (Ya gota PEE to Believe)

Comment

There's already a decent sized Stripes store on the other end of town, at the Hwy 59/71 intersection. Maybe they figure they'll have a monopoly going in EC now.
                We've got one of the original smaller stores on the south side of Brazoria, and they built a newer model to replace the one on the north side of town, a couple of years ago. I guess it's just a matter of time, before they sell, close, or tear down, the old smaller store.

Comment

Stripes sucks compared to Bucees!!

Comment

I heard that about a week ago.

Not happy about it. I have a small Buc-ee's by my house and routinely stop in the Eagle Lake and El Campo stores.

Nothing I like about going into Stripes.

Comment

I don’t like it either. I have to deliver to it. The staff at that store are a better than most [so far].

Comment

I hope we can recover. Now is a time for healing, not attacking Stripes.

Comment

Stripes in TX is owned by 7-11 other than some stores in NTX owned by another party. There is no Stripes other than the name.

Comment

They did the same in West Columbia several years ago, I guess they dump the ones bringing in the least cash.

Comment

Never heard of Stripes, but it doesn't sound like a good change.

Comment

Working...
                              X