No announcement yet.

“The Snake Method” | Slow smoking on a Weber Kettle grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typically I don't give out all my secrets but if yall want to take your ribs to the next level, finish them with the mango hobanaro glaze for the last 30 minutes of the cook. All kidding aside this will literally change your world. No bbq sauce, just rub,brown sugar, butter, glaze...
    TPJ is home of the original Rib Candy rib glaze and rib sauce, don't be fooled by copycats and imitations buy the original Rib Candy right here.

The craigs bbq sauce is great with pulled pork too fyi.

Comment

Love my Webers! I don't know if everyone has the same results but in mine a snake runs around 260 to 275 every time. 1/4 circle 3 hours, 1/2 circle 6 hours and so on. Who ever designed these was brilliant. That is with my vents wide open.

Comment

Love my Weber, looks like I’ll love it even more after I try this method. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Google has tons of links on this method

Comment

I used this method for years with great success. Went to a UDS and am thinking I may go back to the Weber. Nothing against the UDS. Its just that the Weber is so much more convenient and easier to deal with. Just a little limited on space is my only gripe.

Comment

Really been enjoying briskets, ribs and meatloaf after watching your videos.

I had some trouble with bigger briskets. They would drop on the opposite end of the charcoal snake and when it eventually got there i would struggle to hold temp without lots of Management simple because the charcoal would not light and burn as well.

So this time I added some foil. I used three small pieces so as the snake got to the area I could pull the foil. I was asleep for the throw piece and the charcoal seemed to burn just fine underneath the foil.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
                Really been enjoying briskets, ribs and meatloaf after watching your videos.

I had some trouble with bigger briskets. They would drop on the opposite end of the charcoal snake and when it eventually got there i would struggle to hold temp without lots of Management simple because the charcoal would not light and burn as well.

So this time I added some foil. I used three small pieces so as the snake got to the area I could pull the foil. I was asleep for the throw piece and the charcoal seemed to burn just fine underneath the foil.

Try it with the meat in the middle instead of over the coals and a drip pan underneath, but that’s good thinking either he foil like ya got!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good videos!!! It’ll definitely improve my set up for snake method, now I actually see how to do the 2x2 the right way. I’ve been smoking on my Weber’s for a couple years now, and rarely use my actual smoker anymore! Using snake method is almost as maintenance free as a pellet smoker, just manlier!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                    Try it with the meat in the middle instead of over the coals and a drip pan underneath, but that’s good thinking either he foil like ya got!!!!

I add the water pan after I light the charcoal. But A 12lb brisket takes up a bunch of room so it’s in the middle and over the coals. The goal is to get it as far away from the fire side as possible. I rotate the top rack as the snake burns to keep moving it away from the heat.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is how I do it on my Weber Smokey mountain works perfect every time

Comment

I used this method on some pork loin chops last weekend, easily maintained 225 degrees. It was my first time to do the snake method so i left the grill set after i pulled the chops. It held 225 for five hours before it started losing heat.

Comment

Great video! I’m gonna try it out

Comment

Just got a new Kettle in green, looking to try out both the snake and drip pan method!

Comment

Working...
                            X