Cedar waxwings, saw 200+ this day

Tennessee warbler

Great pictures thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks and thanks for looking.

Comment

Outstanding

Comment

Beautiful captures as usual Bill! A mob of those cedar waxwings descend on my yard every February. They gobble up thousands of yaupon berries in a couple of days then move on.

Comment

Great pics of beautiful birds. Where did you take the pics ?

Comment

Dang those are pretty, any way to draw these to my yard?

Comment

Great photos.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Beautiful captures as usual Bill! A mob of those cedar waxwings descend on my yard every February. They gobble up thousands of yaupon berries in a couple of days then move on.
                  Thanks, John. They are opportunist for sure. Young buds on trees also attract them but it's mainly the berries.

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Great pics of beautiful birds. Where did you take the pics ?
                  Thanks. Most were in Quintana but some were other locations.

Originally posted by JohnnyC View Post
                  Dang those are pretty, any way to draw these to my yard?
                  Many of them are passing through on their way north. They have been in Central and South America and will be heading to cooler weather. You may see some as they pass through depending on your habitat.

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                  Outstanding
                  Originally posted by eteranch View Post
                  Great photos.
                  Thanks guys.

Comment

We look forward to the buntings passing through Duval County every year. Mom's got 15+ feeders for me to fill every time I come visit...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                      We look forward to the buntings passing through Duval County every year. Mom's got 15+ feeders for me to fill every time I come visit...
                      Had painted buntings on my old place in the spring but I wasn't photographing them then. Sounds like mom keeps you busy.

Comment

What lens are you using. Are you in a blind, or are you near a feeder. I have feeders in the yard, get lots of cedar waxwings in the winter after the berries and buds. We don't get a lot of birds with much color, except blue jays, and cardinals. I am on the east side of the metroplex in a fairly dense neighborhood, lots of old trees.

I really like to get away from town so I see different birds. Kinda started birdwatching because I see so many different birds while stand sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                          What lens are you using. Are you in a blind, or are you near a feeder. I have feeders in the yard, get lots of cedar waxwings in the winter after the berries and buds. We don't get a lot of birds with much color, except blue jays, and cardinals. I am on the east side of the metroplex in a fairly dense neighborhood, lots of old trees.

I really like to get away from town so I see different birds. Kinda started birdwatching because I see so many different birds while stand sitting.
                          Sony a7RIII FF camera with Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS Lens

Most were taken at a bird sanctuary at the coast, walking around. The third one was at S. Llano River SP in a blind and the cedar waxwings were in my front yard.

Birds of color, for the most part, are migrants, spring and fall. I started doing this when I quit deer hunting for health reasons. My way of hunting now.

Comment

Simply fantastic, Bill. Wonderful photos catching wildlife. Hunters often have a stereotype of being thoughtless killers, but this surely shows the beauty and respect folks have life. Fantastic job even for an Astros fan Thank you for sharing, friend.

Comment

awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                              X