PSA: Tablitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Tablitas

If you’ve been buying these, please quit. The price keeps going up and selection is going down!!

Price has definitely gone thru the roof...skirt steak too, used to be trash cut ive been told...now it's as high as the top of the cow

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
      Price has definitely gone thru the roof...skirt steak too, used to be trash cut ive been told...now it's as high as the top of the cow
      Exactly! They’re $6+/lb here.

Comment

Guess the high prices weren't my fault. Had no clue what a 'tablitas' was until I opened this thread.

Comment

that expensive even from la michoacana?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
            that expensive even from la michoacana?
            I’ve hit up all the Mexican markets around here and they’re all expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              Exactly! They’re $6+/lb here.
              Same story here, used to be dirt cheap. Now I might as well just buy ribeye or sirloin and make fajitas. I quit buying the tablitas when they hit $5 per pound, they were my favorite thing from the market.

Comment

Roger that, will continue to not buy them.

Comment

Used to be cheap. Can’t find them anywhere for under $6 a pound. Almost not worth it anymore.

Comment

Times like this my imitation meat and veggies burgers shine! No shortage (yet)

Comment

PRO tip....get one of your 'hombres' to buy them. While the price may not change the bag will be heavier than the tag says

Comment

I ran a meat market for 20 years and you couldn`t hardly give them away except to oriental people.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Roger that, will continue to not buy them.
                          ...……...same here!

Comment

I member , Fajitas and Tablitas and moyejas (sweet breads I think is the gringo name) were the only thing we grilled, along with Pollo
                            but then The Gringos got to cooking them and then BAM!!!!!!! out the rook on price. ... Lengua is the same, used to be real cheap, but ohhhhhh no not no more,,, next is Menudo, its going as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              PRO tip....get one of your 'hombres' to buy them. While the price may not change the bag will be heavier than the tag says
                              wish that was true... the scale is the scale...

Comment

Working...
                              X