Don't forget AirBNB...Save $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget AirBNB...Save $$$

So I'm having to go to Lubbock for a week for the Army (National Guard). They do not provide per diem and they no longer pay for lodging. Occasionally, I'll just grab a hotel for one to two nights, but going there for a week, I sure as heck didn't want to burn my daily income on a hotel room, nor did I really want to sleep in my office, which I could in all fairness...but with AirBNB my PA and I can get an entire house for about $40/night each. Looking forward to getting back to my office after all this COVID crap. I've purposely not gone to my home station because of the exposure I've received on my civilian side.

Anyway, AirBNB is the way to go!

Had a crappy experience in Dallas using airbnb. All but ruined my trust in the service. All I can say is really analyze the unit - surrounding area etc. deceiving pictures , skewed details are a big issue. And don’t try to leave an honest negative review or they’ll accuse you of extortion

Comment

Double post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
        So I'm having to go to Lubbock for a week for the Army (National Guard). They do not provide per diem and they no longer pay for lodging. Occasionally, I'll just grab a hotel for one to two nights, but going there for a week, I sure as heck didn't want to burn my daily income on a hotel room, nor did I really want to sleep in my office, which I could in all fairness...but with AirBNB my PA and I can get an entire house for about $40/night each. Looking forward to getting back to my office after all this COVID crap. I've purposely not gone to my home station because of the exposure I've received on my civilian side.

Anyway, AirBNB is the way to go!

Never stayed at an AirBNB. I will remember to check on them next time I need a room somewhere.

Aren't you already in Lubbock?

Comment

We’ve booked rentals from 4 nights to a month on VRBO with no problems. The month rental owner was a little crazy on expectations of how clean we’d leave it (crumbs in the toaster) but we found out she was ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Air BnB & VRBO were great until they hiked prices of cleaning & admin fees.
            When I first starting using VRBO, cleaning fees were ~$60 but now they're ~$150+. Admin fees were~$20 but now they're ~$75+. This adds about $150+ extra to the bill. Not bad if you're staying 5+ days but for 2 days it makes it no longer a deal.
            If you're only staying 2 nights, La Quinta is now cheaper & usually cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              When I first starting using VRBO, cleaning fees were ~$60 but now they're ~$150+. Admin fees were~$20 but now they're ~$75+. This adds about $150+ extra to the bill. Not bad if you're staying 5+ days but for 2 days it makes it no longer a deal.
              Yep this,

Comment

No idea airbnb did this. Guess free economy at work.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                  Had a crappy experience in Dallas using airbnb. All but ruined my trust in the service. All I can say is really analyze the unit - surrounding area etc. deceiving pictures , skewed details are a big issue. And don’t try to leave an honest negative review or they’ll accuse you of extortion
                  I’ve stayed at AirBNBs well over 75 nights in the last few years. Had one iffyish experience. Wasn’t bad, but wasn’t great. I’ve stayed at hotels probably 50ish nights in that same time period. I’ve had several bad experiences in that same time. Sure it can happen, but a little critical analyzation will help out tremendously.

Comment

AirBNB doesn’t set the cleaning fees. That’s up to the renter.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Never stayed at an AirBNB. I will remember to check on them next time I need a room somewhere.

Aren't you already in Lubbock?

I moved from Lubbock to Midland last July. Moving back to San Angelo this month. Hopefully done moving for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use to use them until I learned they are anti hunting/ anti guns. And that they’ve spent A large sum of money trying to make owning guns and hunting illegal in Canada

Comment

We use Airbnb a lot. Awesome service, but at the end of the day, if you are going to a resort area, it's usually not much cheaper than a hotel. Only nice part is you have an entire space to yourself, and the ability to cook.

Comment

VRBO is better than airBnB from a customer service end. We had some major issues with getting airbnb refunds from canceled travel due to corona, VRBO never gave us any problems and was really proactive on getting everything handled.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              VRBO is better than airBnB from a customer service end. We had some major issues with getting airbnb refunds from canceled travel due to corona, VRBO never gave us any problems and was really proactive on getting everything handled.
                              I've actually never heard of or used VRBO. I'll check them out

Comment

Working...
                              X