No announcement yet.

Should I give up my DXT for Z7 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it feel like the string is not coming back far enough to your face?

Comment

This may sound weird but the string comes back to my face far enough but I feel like I have my arm bent too much. It feels like I bend the elbow way to much. Even with my very thick coat on my arm is still way away from the string slap.

Comment

Originally posted by peacockoutdoors View Post
        This may sound weird but the string comes back to my face far enough but I feel like I have my arm bent too much. It feels like I bend the elbow way to much. Even with my very thick coat on my arm is still way away from the string slap.
        Im sending you a PM.

Comment

D-loop does not add to draw length.

Comment

The Z7 lower weight weighs 2.8ozs and can be changed to the aluminum weight and and remove almost 1/4lb of weight without noticing any more hand vibration.

Comment

I like the z7, but I'm gonna stay with the DXT for now.

Comment

Just got a new DXT 3 months ago and love it, cant see switching already. I prefer to keep my bow's and save a couple years and get a whole new setup.

Comment

I have been hunting spring turkey with a bowtech general for the last few years--I went and shot a reezen and dxt last year and really liked both. I am anxious to go shoot both the z7 and the destroyer. I hunt turkeys only from the ground with natural cover--so from many times being in a seated position smaller axle to axle bows suit me for that application.

I am reading all of yall's reports on both.

Comment

I wish Mathews would not of come out with the Z7! I cant quit thinking about it. LOL!

Comment

This is gonna screw you guys up, I have a DXT and decided to try a longer axle to axle bow, so I bought a used Mathews Conquest (41in ATA), it is very forgiving and fun to shoot. I plan to use both, the DXT in "tight" situations and the Conquest in more "open" situations, I'll let y'all know how everything turns out.
                      BTW, don't you guys like tuning and sighting in a new/different bow?

Comment

Just shot all three of the new bows yesterday; the Z7, the '10 Reezen 7.0 and the new Monster 7 and of the three I was blow away by the Monster 7. I've shot a single cam bow since my Bowtech Patriot and I could not believe the back wall and draw cycle of the Monster 7 for a speed bow. I actually like the Reezen better than the Z7 but man the Z7 is the quietest bow I have ever shot and is dead in the hand as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these bows and I'm still shooting elite bows so I'm not a fanboy....YET!

Comment

Well I got to shoot the Z7 yesterday. I will for sure be keeping my DXT. I did not like the way the Z7 shot compared to my DXT. I think it will be hard to find a better shooting bow IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X