No announcement yet.

Crossbow bolt recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrows are 16" or longer. Quills or bolts are shorter. You might get flamed going on a Crossbow sight and using the term bolt. Compound arrows can be used in crossbows as long as they are cut to proper length and spine. Many use weighted inserts to balance FOC and add weight. Many use aluminium arrows too.

Comment

It depends on the Crossbow Manufacturer recommendations ..For Example:

My Barnett Jackal at a Minimum ...
      20" Crossbow Bolt
      Total Weight (Broadhead or Practice Point Included) is 400 Gr

Firing anything lighter voids the warranty and acts like a Dry Fire

Comment

I agree with the black eagle executioners. Best cb arrow out there imo. I shoot an excal micro 335 with 16 in arrow and 100gr rage extremes with Ignitor nocks. Awesome flight and huge entry and exits.

Comment

Good guys at west houston archery. Was just in there yesterday with my 1.5 yr old son, who was alot more vocal than I expected while picking up some broadheads. I'll pass on to you his approval of my purchase of black hornets from magnus.

Comment

I use Slick Trick Magnums for my broadheads.

Comment

I notice some cb arrows come with 4" vanes and some shorter? So, since we don't want weight to fall under 400 grs. is there an advantage over shorter or longer vanes?

Comment

We shoot the ten point pro elites out of our two crossbows. They have been great. We usually shoot 100 grain heads but that's so we can shoot the same out of all our bows and crossbows. Have shot 125's as well and they perform well. Gotta match the length and nocks to the bow as above.

Comment

I shoot 20" Carbon Express PileDrivers with Rage ChiselTip SC 100 grains. Oh, shooting CenterPoint Sniper 370 by the way

Comment

I shoot 20inch carbon express pile drivers with 100 grain Muzzy Trocars.

Comment

I'm shooting Black eagle executioners with 125 grain Magnus ser razors out of my sniper 370. Great shooting combo.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                        I'm shooting Black eagle executioners with 125 grain Magnus ser razors out of my sniper 370. Great shooting combo.
                        I've read quite a few shooting 125 grain broadheads but I was also told to match the factory so I went with 100 grain. Is there a noticeable difference/advantage either way?

Comment

This next year I'm going to order some Spynal Tapps arrow from Jerry!!!

They are the real deal in crossbow arrows.

Right now I've been shooting 20" Excalibur Firebolts with 125gr Nap Spitfires. A very accurate combination out to 50 yards.

Comment

Working...
                          X