The New Lake Whitney-Lake Aquilla - 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Lake Whitney-Lake Aquilla - 06

Hows Everyones Season Going So Far ? October Was Pretty Slow For Me But HOPEFULLY IT WILL PICK UP SOON

Cold front should help out I hope

Comment

Seen a 7 and a 4 that was trying to be a five this eveing. The five chased off a doe that was working in. Saw a 4 this morning and 2 doe yesterday evening.

Comment

Nothing Big yet

Had 7 come in Saturday AM. 2 mature does, 3 younguns, 2 bucks a spike and fork. Thought long and hard about taking the bigest doe but the thought about draggin her out with the heat kept my arrow on the string. Did do some good draw and sight practice though. All were at 20 yards. Wind was crud..had a doe wind me but she couldn't locate me..backed out the way she came.

Only 1 good rub seen, 1 scrape no chasing...I figure Nov 10 for the start of the rut.

Still moving around spot to spot trying to locate the best core areas for the rut. Again, only saw 1 decent buck 100 class opening day.

Comment

man not sure I like the change had to register

Comment

anyone shot anything I now a friend shot a 20" nine on the south side of the road in h10 area state park entrance

Comment

Goin Back To The Woods Finnaly After A Good While Out Im Ichin Literally To Go Caint Wait Till Tommorow

Comment

I'm heading back out Sunday morning hopefully. Haven't been since the Oct. 8 and I'm ready to get back out there. Hopefully the weather will do like they say it is supposed to and be cool this weekend.

Comment

The Weather Is Supposed To Be Good Check Weather.com It Is Pretty Useful Gives Hour To Hour Wind Direction And Temp And Ive Found It To Be Pretty Accurate

Comment

I'll be scouting a new area in Bosque Co Friday all day...won't even bring the bow. Hunt Saturday with my son. Since my vacation got cancelled I won't be going to Virginia. I need to find some more spots for the season here..
                    I figure I'll be hunting heavy everyday in two weeks. That gives me 2 more days of scouting.

So far..not much in rubs and scrapes..I hope this cooler weather wakes them up

Comment

Wow haven't seen a big one in H10 in 7 years. Its been terribly slow for me and the other guy I hunt with for over two weeks, the deer have definitely learned to be extra warry of people by now, happens every year.

Comment

I drove thru the park at 7:30pm. There were 60 deer under the pin oaks. Only 1 scrawny 6 pt in the bunch. 4 vehicles were hunting H10. Looks like that place gets hammered pretty good

Yup..slow going so far.

Comment

Yea Hey Grizz We Still Got Our Bet Goin PREVIOUSLY BRYAN N

Comment

Still Playing

Yea! I'm still in. You tag something?

Comment

hey grizz believe me you have nothing to worry about losing any bets the way this guy shoots just ask him who has meat in the freezer.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X