Tpwd new draw system is a failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tpwd new draw system is a failure

After looking at the new draw statistics from last year it is obvious that the new system pretty much ends any realistic opportunity for people to draw. No need to go into detail but have a look for yourself and come to your own conclusions. I personally liked the old system where you had to really put all of your eggs in one basket for a given category, now you can put an egg in every basket and so can everyone else thus creating ridiculous low draw odds for most hunts.

I agree

Comment

I completely agree and stated the same on the other thread.

I have 10+ points in a few categories because I typically put in for hard to draw places like the Chap.

The applicants for the Chap literally doubled last year from it's average!

Now those hard to draw spots will have many more people applying much like the one and only Antelope spot. With no risk or care.

James Daughtrey had over 1300 applicants for 10 spots...PP are all but useless.

I do like the online side of it...

Comment

i agree. Researched for bout 30-45mins. Got irritated. I am not a fan of the new system.

Comment

Yeah looking at the mule deer category makes me want to cry. Some of those have tripled.

Comment

Sounds like a win for the financial people at tpwd, $3 per application adds up.

They likely tripled their application revenue.

Comment

It was disappointing... Do I get to keep my points?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

This is what they care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

On the surface, this is unfortunate for the applicants. But I'm all for tpwd earning money for more parks and places to hunt. It was time for them to join the 21st century and go to an online draw system.

Comment

Guess I don't understand what people are crying about....

Is it because there are more applying online?

Comment

I agree I'm prolly gonna end up not even applying. Another example of government finding a way to screw ppl out of more money!

Comment

I'm gonna just apply for a few. If I get drawn.....cool. If I don't ...no big deal. They won't get any more money from me than any other year.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          Guess I don't understand what people are crying about....

Is it because there are more applying online?

I have the same question. Are there a bunch more applications now simply because applying online is easier than applying by mail?

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                            I have the same question. Are there a bunch more applications now simply because applying online is easier than applying by mail?
                            I'm not positive but I think the reason it's not real popular is now you can apply for every hunt in a category when before you had to choose 1 hunt in each category and apply for it only. Used to a mule deer hunt might have 1500 people put in for it and now will have 5000 people trying to draw. Take this example and apply it to just about every hunt available and see how your odds of drawing drop.

I'm not a fan either. But I couldn't draw a hunt when the odds were better either.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                              On the surface, this is unfortunate for the applicants. But I'm all for tpwd earning money for more parks and places to hunt. It was time for them to join the 21st century and go to an online draw system.
                              I agree that I'm happy to help out. Problem is, sportsmen carry most of the load as it is. Now they're going to dip into the well again to help subsidize the parks or what ever they need the monies for.

Again, happy to help, not happy about their chosen method.

Comment

Working...
                              X