No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2014/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that have hunted here before...would I be better off bringing a small tripod or a box blind?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
      For those that have hunted here before...would I be better off bringing a small tripod or a box blind?
      Thanks
      Out of the 2 choices tripod , I've had both out there and wasn't in either when I harvested game spot and stock is a better bet

Comment

Spot and stalk? Never done that with a bow before. How far have your shots been?

Comment

Spot and stalk? Never done that with a bow before. How far have your shots been?
          Being the 6 foot 2 , 300 pound stealthy super ninja that I am my shots have been in the 20 yard range ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino427 View Post
            Being the 6 foot 2 , 300 pound stealthy super ninja that I am my shots have been in the 20 yard range ...
            20yds? You are a ninja. Seeing I'm a midget (5'7") and a svelte 165lbs, I might be able to sneak to within forty yards. Of course, I sound like an elephant walking around, but hey.

Comment

20yds? You are a ninja. Seeing I'm a midget (5'7") and a svelte 165lbs, I might be able to sneak to within forty yards. Of course, I sound like an elephant walking around, but hey.
              If ya decide to get on I garantee you will have a good time and that it is gonna be a tuff hunt the spot I hunted at last years was a 2.5 mile walk each way I saw 22 nilgai , 3 doe, and 2 bucks none within range ,, and only about 20% of the hunters harvest anything

Comment

I'm in, gotta figure out when and where to get my permit!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino427 View Post
                  If ya decide to get on I garantee you will have a good time and that it is gonna be a tuff hunt the spot I hunted at last years was a 2.5 mile walk each way I saw 22 nilgai , 3 doe, and 2 bucks none within range ,, and only about 20% of the hunters harvest anything
                  For $80.00 bucks, I'll be there. I can't do a whole lot of things for entertainment for that long for anywhere near that price. What does local lodging run a night?

Comment

Saw this posted today
                    Attached Files

Comment

For $80.00 bucks, I'll be there. I can't do a whole lot of things for entertainment for that long for anywhere near that price. What does local lodging run a night?
                      Depends where you stay but average $100-$150 a night

Comment

Value Place, 3905 U.S. 77, Harlingen, TX ‎ (956) 423-2200 (motel) There's a $179 weekly rate for one person, add $10 for a second person. Room has a kitchen-et.

Eastgate RV and Mobile Home Park , 2801 E Harrison Ave, Harlingen, TX 78550
                        (956) 423-3137. They will have RV slots available, weekly rate is $170.

Adolph Thomae Jr County Park, 37844 Marshall Hutts Road,Rio Hondo, TX 78583
                        (956) 748-2044 Weekly RV rate $175, no cabins. They have a lighted fishing pier.
                        Last edited by Thumper; 06-16-2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the heads up fellas.
                          Mitch

Comment

Gonna make my reservations later today. One more question though, can you throw out some corn?

Comment

Gonna make my reservations later today. One more question though, can you throw out some corn?
                              No.

Comment

Just spoke with the refuge and they told me that they are going to continue with the paper system (no-online) they are going to update the website over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X