No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2014-2015 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would contact the manufacturer of the lock box and show them the pics of your 'security box'. perhaps they will make some improvements to their design, and ship you a new camera for helping them with R & D.

Comment

Anyone bagging any turkeys lately? I was thinking about going out in the morning.

Comment

Anyone been out recently? I was thinking of going out to chase some rabbits, but I don't know how it will be with all of the rain.

Comment

I think I know where your camera was, might have a few pics of me waving at it Looks like where I've seen one all last season anyway.

Dan

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
          Went and checked my cam on the 18th, hadn't checked it since early October and here are the highlights for the whole season basically. Nothing spectacular but just like in the summer, I had mostly buck activity throughout the season, just with smaller racks compared to the summer time bucks I got pics of

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

So I am trying to figure out the layout of a few of the areas and the maps are... less then helpful. I was hoping maybe someone had a map that had like an overlay of the areas that are huntable, or maybe just one that will help me be able to determine the area boundaries

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaski06 View Post
              So I am trying to figure out the layout of a few of the areas and the maps are... less then helpful. I was hoping maybe someone had a map that had like an overlay of the areas that are huntable, or maybe just one that will help me be able to determine the area boundaries
              Have you gone to the main office or online and bought a map? I only ask because there is one you can print off the site for free that is pretty bad. The ones you purchase, for $10 I believe, are pretty clear as to the boundaries of the units and any that I have been on have been fenced around the perimete leaving no question. Also there is only one area to my knowledge (the Black Creek Lake unit) that cannot be hunted. All others are okay according to the woman I spoke to at the main office in Decatur. I would stop by there sometime if you can. They are very helpful. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the info Rich1201. I appreciate it. I had tried to find one online and ended up trying to use google maps to reconcile the differences.

Comment

Are we starting a new thread yet for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by artillery View Post
                    Are we starting a new thread yet for this year?
                    There have been two started.

Comment

Can you use lead to shoot dove out at the grasslands

Comment

Originally posted by artillery View Post
                        Can you use lead to shoot dove out at the grasslands

Yep

Comment

Well only saw three birds all day. Not sure if it was the locations or if they were not flying but I didn't here many other people shooting either. How did the rest of y'all do.

Comment

Working...
                          X