X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    just not worth my time...

at least we both like mathews bows...

You keep saying that. And then keep posting. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ok enough. This is not the thread to do this on.

Comment

Oooooh! A midget bow for that us non-midgets can shoot!

Might have to go shoot one

Comment

I really like the look of this bow main reason is it dont look like a waffle iron any more!

Comment

It's nice looking bow. But there are a lot of bows at the 350 mark with a 6 in brace.

The halon 5 Is a little slow for a 5 in brace

I bet they sale a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
            It's nice looking bow. But there are a lot of bows at the 350 mark with a 6 in brace.

I think it is a speed bow with manners which opens their sales up to a larger potential market. I had the same initial thought about the brace height/speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
              I think it is a speed bow with manners which opens their sales up to a larger potential market. I had the same initial thought about the brace height/speed.
              It may very well be. But they have had a 360 ibo bow back around 2009 or so. 8xler. Then the mr5. This bow was petty tamed on the draw.

I do think if the bow will hit the 353 and I doubt. But if it did and it is tamed. Then the Hoyt people will have a run for there money. I don't know about the 2016 turbo but the 2015 turbo was not that friendly on the draw.

I'm betting the new obsession 360 bow will not be that tamed. I'm testing an Apa m5. I'm sure it won't be very tamed either. It's rating is 345 at 28 in draw.

Comment

What your missing is Mathews is 10-12 fps off.... Unless 2016 is the year all bow manuf. decided to tell the truth

What you have is a 340 fps bow @ 5". But the masses will overlook it and rave about its mind blowing speed

Comment

It may very well be. But they have had a 360 ibo bow back around 2009 or so. 8xler. Then the mr5. This bow was petty tamed on the draw.

I do think if the bow will hit the 353 and I doubt. But if it did and it is tamed. Then the Hoyt people will have a run for there money. I don't know about the 2016 turbo but the 2015 turbo was not that friendly on the draw.

I'm betting the new obsession 360 bow will not be that tamed. I'm testing an Apa m5. I'm sure it won't be very tamed either. It's rating is 345 at 28 in draw.
                  My Theory on BH etc:
                  My theory is 6" BH != 6" BH. Why? Because the distance between grip and string isn't where a bow gets its shoot ability. In modern compounds it boils down to riser design. I think the more critical measurement is the distance from the back of the grip to the vertical line between the limb bolts. That is the lever used to torque the bow. This is why deflex risers have been historically more forgiving that reflex risers. So if I have a 6" BH bow with a 4" reflex... and a 5" bow with a 3" reflex... I'll go with the second one every day. To me its just physics... lever, pivot point, length of lever. One thing i've noticed about some of the 6" 350fps bows is that the limb bolts are way way way out in front. . I haven't had time, but I've been meaning to try and compile a list of this grip-limb bolt measurement for a bunch of different bows, I think it might be quite telling.

Comment

curious as to what to expect with the 3 riser options. which brace height will offer what characteristics?

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
                      I have big hands and I have always preferred the wood grips. I found the original focus grip too small for me and awkward. The new flat back grip fit well...it didn't feel as weird to me as the original focus grip. Felt more like it belonged on the bow than my first impression with the original focus grip.
                      ding ding on the wood grip, I abosolutely sprayed my no cam (in my opinion) and one day I went and grabbed my old z7 grip and was just stacking arrows. I hate hate hate the focus grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        What your missing is Mathews is 10-12 fps off.... Unless 2016 is the year all bow manuf. decided to tell the truth

What you have is a 340 fps bow @ 5". But the masses will overlook it and rave about its mind blowing speed
                        From the two youtube video reviews I've watched so far, it looks like the 6 is shooting about 5-8 fps below IBO. Could be wrong though. Haven't seen anything on the 5 or the 7 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                          My Theory on BH etc:
                          My theory is 6" BH != 6" BH. Why? Because the distance between grip and string isn't where a bow gets its shoot ability. In modern compounds it boils down to riser design. I think the more critical measurement is the distance from the back of the grip to the vertical line between the limb bolts. That is the lever used to torque the bow. This is why deflex risers have been historically more forgiving that reflex risers. So if I have a 6" BH bow with a 4" reflex... and a 5" bow with a 3" reflex... I'll go with the second one every day. To me its just physics... lever, pivot point, length of lever. One thing i've noticed about some of the 6" 350fps bows is that the limb bolts are way way way out in front. . I haven't had time, but I've been meaning to try and compile a list of this grip-limb bolt measurement for a bunch of different bows, I think it might be quite telling.
                          Now we just got to design a trg8 with a 5 in brace. I'm sure we would have to hollow out back of riser so the cams would clear. Not to mention the little bitty limbs

Comment

I agree, that 5 inch brace height is slow at 353

Comment

Went and shot the Halon 6 at lunch up at CCR.

Impressions vs my Chill R.... stable... very stable.. Big fan of the grip vs the focus grip. NOT top heavy like the Chill R. Shorter ATA did not "feel" short, was close enough to my Chill R I didn't really notice. Draw felt a tad stiffer. I'll be getting a 70# Halon 6 with 85%

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                                Went and shot the Halon 6 at lunch up at CCR.

Impressions vs my Chill R.... stable... very stable.. Big fan of the grip vs the focus grip. NOT top heavy like the Chill R. Shorter ATA did not "feel" short, was close enough to my Chill R I didn't really notice. Draw felt a tad stiffer. I'll be getting a 70# Halon 6 with 85%
                                Happen to shoot through a chrono?

Comment

Working...
                                X