tech tip of the week #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MathewsMission View Post
    are body is just a platform for the bow to fire'er off of even if you have no clearance problem
    Are you speaking English?

Comment

Am I wrong for achieving this by rotating my elbow out?

Comment

Originally posted by MathewsMission View Post
        the open stance helps with a clean shot and no string contact to the arm or body
        I haven't hit my arm since I blistered the hell out of it at about 15 years old. Ben Pearson recurve I think. That was 53 years ago. I'm good, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Corn Sack View Post
          Am I wrong for achieving this by rotating my elbow out?
          what do you mean?

Comment

how I teach people about proper stance.... I have them stand square to the target and with out there bow I have them lift there bow arm up level with there shoulder letting the arm rest where it wants to be (typically there arm will be slightly forward of there chest just right of the target) and then I have them adjust there feet keeping them shoulder width apart ontil there hand is inline with the bullseye ......

But like other people say its all about what feels good too you and what works
            Last edited by kabob; 05-12-2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Unless you are having string contact issues, i don't believe that your stance is near as important as your hand position and pressure on the bow, your anchor and your follow through during and after the shot. I do agree and see what you mean by the "open Position" and i agree, the best possible way to start a new shooter and then let him or her find what is comfortable for them as they progress.

Shooting from a chair, i am basically at a 90 degree turn to the right from my target with both feet and knees facing to the right at 90 degrees. i have seen way to many people try to use an "open stance" from a chair and have the bottom limb or cam hit their leg on the shot.

Comment

I guess the best way to describe would be to say, at full draw my elbow can be pointed down(which will get me slapped by the string) or I can rotate my arm so that my elbow is pointing outward

Comment

[QUOTE=kabob;10049060]how I teach people about proper stance.... I have them stand square to the target and with out there bow I have them lift there bow arm up level with there shoulder letting the arm rest where it wants to be (typically there arm will be slightly forward of there chest just right of the target) and then I have them adjust there feet keeping there feet shoulder width apart ontil there hand is inline with the bullseye ......

But like other people say its all what works
                  I am not saying you have to shoot with a open stance. I just recommend you do

Comment

I am not sure what my feet are doing when I shoot never thought about it. This is from 20 yards which is my limit in my backyard. I am afraid this is going to be like golf. When I play with someone I always ask do you inhale or exhale on your back swing. Messes them up everytime LOL now I will be worried about my feet
                    Attached Files

Comment

I guess the best way to describe would be to say, at full draw my elbow can be pointed down(which will get me slapped by the string) or I can rotate my arm so that my elbow is pointing outward
                      you may not be holding the bow right the gripe should lay right on the life line of your hand

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                        I am not sure what my feet are doing when I shoot never thought about it. This is from 20 yards which is my limit in my backyard. I am afraid this is going to be like golf. When I play with someone I always ask do you inhale or exhale on your back swing. Messes them up everytime LOL now I will be worried about my feet
                        bro go to a range were you can shoot 30 40 and 50 60 yards if you do good then don't worry about your feet

Comment

Never mind, just realized I've probably been doin it wrong longer than you've been alive

Comment

Never mind, just realized I've probably been doin it wrong longer than you've been alive
                            BRO your doing it wrong LOL

Comment

what?

Comment

If I use open stance when I draw I'm always left of target. So square for me. Or left ft slight back.

Same with pistol.

Comment

Working...
                                X