Arrow Rests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Rests

I got a QAD ultra rest hunter from Cabelas a few days ago. Is this a mistake? I switched from a whisker bisket because it was messing up my vanes. It may just be that I am doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

Set rest to center shot, Make sure the drop cord is timed per the instructions, Check for vane clearance with foot powder spray technique.

Comment

arrow rests

I bought my son a Diamond Razor Edge and the hostage rest it came with is tearing up his arrow fletches. Thinking of whisker biscuit or a drop away. seems like the whisker biscuit would do the same thing to fletchings. Went to a website bowtuningtips.com. they recommend ripcord brand dropaway. anyone use this one .

Comment

I prefer the rip cord code red, but that is a great rest you got there.

Comment

what is the foot powder test? spray the vanes with foot powder to see where they rub off on rest or wherever touches?

Comment

the only vanes that i have heard of a whisker biscuit tearing up is the 4" vanes. I have never had a wb tear up my 2" blazers

Comment

he's shooting 4" that is what the 4h group he's shooting with uses so that is what we went with. do we need to change?

Comment

Rest

Limb driver

Comment

I've shot vanes, both 3 and 4" plus blazers thru my WB, and 4.5" feathers as well. I have seen no evidence of damage to the vanes at all, and since the feathers are on my BH tipped hunting shafts, they don't get shot enough to show any wear from the rest.

I had a QAD and went back to my WB due to the noise of the QAD. Arrow flight, etc was just fine with it however.

Comment

Originally posted by inxpress View Post
                    i bought my son a diamond razor edge and the hostage rest it came with is tearing up his arrow fletches. Thinking of whisker biscuit or a drop away. Seems like the whisker biscuit would do the same thing to fletchings. Went to a website bowtuningtips.com. They recommend ripcord brand dropaway. Anyone use this one .
                    the rip cord is by far the best that i have used i recently put mine on and i wouldnt trade it for anything.

Comment

Blazers and the WB are a good combo

Comment

he's shooting 4" that is what the 4h group he's shooting with uses so that is what we went with. do we need to change?
                        if he is going to stick with the WB then blazers would be my #1, i used to shoot 4" vanes through a WB and after a while all of the vanes would be rippled, most everyone i know that shoots a WB uses 2" vanes

Comment

I have shot the Hostage, QAD Hunter, and NAP Apache all on my Diamond Justice. Of the three the Apache was the quietest and most reliable. Some rests just would fit that bow well, so I bought a new bow!

Got my new Assassin yesterday and had them install a TR Revolution. Dont have many shots through it, but so far it is great. As quiet as the apache with full containment, and not contact like the hostage.

just my .02.

Comment

I switched to the Ripcord code red this year and have no complaints at all.

Comment

what is the foot powder test? spray the vanes with foot powder to see where they rub off on rest or wherever touches?
                              That's right.

OP, you have a great rest but it takes a little tlc to set up any rest correctly on your own. If you are totally unsure about it, take it to a bow shop, but not a big box store to have it done for you. Biscuits are nice but be sure you only shoot straight vanes or they may be damaged frequently and arrow flight will be inconsistent leaving the rest. The code red is great but lacks the feature of staying up when letting down your draw.

Comment

Working...
                              X