String grip....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String grip....

I've never been able to use a "deep hook" in my first knuckles successfully. Every time I do it the string slaps the pee out of my arm.

I lay the string about halfway from my fingertips to my 1st knuckle. I've been pretty successful with it but I can't hold it very long.

I shoot 3 under and use a fixed crawl.

Anybody got any insight into this issue?

You are plucking away from your face. Do a deep hook and bury it into your face you shouldn’t hit your arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's either a form issue with your bow arm or possibly a too low brace issue. Tab or glove?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tab

Comment

Your forearm, wrist, and hand should be in a straight line.

Comment

Wear an arm guard and don't worry about it. Rotating your bow shoulder in a little should theoretically keep your forearm clear, but an arm guard is just a nice insurance policy -- plus it will keep clothing, like a coat sleeve, clear of the string in cooler weather.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Wear an arm guard and don't worry about it. Rotating your bow shoulder in a little should theoretically keep your forearm clear, but an arm guard is just a nice insurance policy -- plus it will keep clothing, like a coat sleeve, clear of the string in cooler weather.
              There is some truth in this statement but if he corrects the actual reason for it then he will be further ahead in his shooting.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

There are a few different potential fixes depending on the root of the problem. Make sure brace height is in the manufacturer's range. Bow arm elbow should be rotated out (elbow pointing to the left if right handed). Release/follow through issues can be fixed rather easily with a trigger (RMS Gear grip trigger is what I use) and focusing on back tension through release.

Comment

I did the same thing as you and couldn't stay consistent, figured out the deep hook and its night and day difference

Comment

What do you consider a deep hook?

Comment

Originally posted by Slambo View Post
                        What do you consider a deep hook?
                        In the first knuckle. I've not been able to do it.

Comment

I can't with my ring finger right now. I can barely bend it. Cold and damp weather has it pretty locked up. It's affecting my release.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X