No announcement yet.

Fines and the GW Creating Sate Revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not having hunted in texas in a while, I'm wondering if the Fish and Game Dept, sets up road blocks in high traffic hunting counties. They do that in NM and Co, usually at the end of the week long seasons they have out here.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
      I don't know why the dislike for GW's lately. If these guys were catching poachers with every stop you guys that bash would be singing their praise. But let them write a ticket and not give a warning and now they are all in it for the money. Everyone thinks they deserve a warning.

Follow the game laws and rules and you have nothing to worry about.
      I tend to agree with you, but............it only takes 2 lawyers and an interpreter to understand some of the game laws. Just sayin.........

Comment

I strongly support all LEO's. While I had my store for 22 years those guys helped me every time I was robbed or needed them. They put their life on the line. I also worked with GW's at my processing center most were good guys (MOST LOL) but had a job to do. I did see a few times that I thought they could have handled the situation better but I don't live with the same stress they do every day (and night).

That's why they got free drinks and biscuits (and donuts!) while I was there....

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
          I tend to agree with you, but............it only takes 2 lawyers and an interpreter to understand some of the game laws. Just sayin.........
          I agree some game laws and the interpretations are confusing. But it's the simple things you see these guys complaining about.

Comment

He got a ticket for breaking the law......I bet next time he fills out his tag properly.

Comment

Originally posted by theboydoutdoors View Post
              Not having hunted in texas in a while, I'm wondering if the Fish and Game Dept, sets up road blocks in high traffic hunting counties. They do that in NM and Co, usually at the end of the week long seasons they have out here.
              I am not against roadblocks but I am wondering about the legality of it since the US Supreme Court has thrown out most roadblocks as unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                He got a ticket for breaking the law......I bet next time he fills out his tag properly.
                And gets his license plate light fixed.

Comment

I have never had any beef with GW actually growing up I wanted to become one. I have only had beef with state troopers here is why. Dowgs on hogs biker rally in Somerville Texas I was coming home from work in Brenham living in somerville at time. I was stopped by a trooper just inside city limits. He wrote my a ticket for no front license plate, tint in the windows, speeding 4 mph over,insurance card was 1 month past expiration could not find new one, license plate light was out, sounds pretty bad right well 3 miles down the road I get pulled over agian another state trooper same exact thing same tickets minus the speeding Now I am ****** get back on the road and 5 miles down the road just about out of city limits flashing lights here we go again trooper as do you know why I am pulling you over I reply hell yea I do rattle off all the thing I just received tickets for he says ok that easy and write the same tickets I just received minus the speeding. What a day right thats 13 infractions in the length of one town took it to the judge he laughed and dismissed all tickets after I proved my insurance that is.

Comment

My old truck had a bad habit of losing the license plate light to brush and grass I drove over while at the ranch. I got pulled over numerous times and always had the ticket dropped once I fixed it. The ticket is really just a means of ensuring that it gets fixed.

I can't believe how many "law abiding hunters" on here dislike gws. They are there to help us and as long as you are not breaking laws you are fine.

Comment

The last 2 times I was pulled over by a state trooper, once for speeding 74 in 70, and once for questionable dark tint. The first thing they asked was if I bow hunted and asked about the tbh member sticker on my car. I said yes sir. They both gave me warnings. Prior to that had always been given the ticket.

Comment

I say just take your lumps. What's white is white and what's black is black. That's why they give you a FREE regulation book any where a hunting license is sold. I got a ticket for not filling out my harvest log 5 yrs ago it was my first year hunting and I did not fill it out. Heck it was the first deer I had ever shot and the game warden approached me at the processsor. Was not trying to hide anything just had buck fever and honestly forgot. Explained all this to gw and he still cited me a ticket. Did I want one? No. Did I get one and learn a valuable lesson? Yes. I yes sir him and thanked him for his time paid my fee and moved on. I was in the wrong not his fault. Now I'm the guy in camp that every time some one kills something " hey did you fill out your harvest log?" why because the gw warden did his JOB and educated me the hard way but I respect him for it. I for one am thankfull for all Leo and the job they do. Some might think it is Petty and b/s but I hope all Leo and gw keep on keeping doing the great job they signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by art745 View Post
                          The last 2 times I was pulled over by a state trooper, once for speeding 74 in 70, and once for questionable dark tint. The first thing they asked was if I bow hunted and asked about the tbh member sticker on my car. I said yes sir. They both gave me warnings. Prior to that had always been given the ticket.
                          Sounds like I need to get a sticker asap

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            I am not against roadblocks but I am wondering about the legality of it since the US Supreme Court has thrown out most roadblocks as unconstitutional.
                            long as you ain't profiling against anglo's driving four wheel drive trucks with ATV's LOL!

Comment

I am not a ticket writer. As far as that goes my boss doesn't care if we right tickets or warnings. I am a supervisor. I don't care if my guys write tickets or warnings. As in every profession, I dont care which one, you will find an ---hole. But no matter how much you don't like me, I will be the first person you call when the crap hits the fan. And I will happily help you out

Comment

It wasn't because he was driving a Z71.......

Originally posted by Longstick View Post
                                asking for one of my lease members..he was stopped on 183 between Cisco and Brownwood Fri night on way to lease by GW,,,was told he had a burnt license illuminator on back plate,,how do you see that passing each other at 65?? GOOD EYES?? He warned him after he shined his truck bed
                                Stopped AGAIN by trooper sat afternoon between Bangs and Brownwood for a reason I cant remember<old timers disease> and cut loose after a truck bed search
                                STOPPED AGAIN on sun coming home for speeding and argued he had GPS saying he was doing 65 and cruise set on 65! Meanwhile trooper got the GW out of the car which searched his doe kill tag and he had forgotten to write the county on it..BINGO!! They finally nailed him..so how much this ticket going to cost? Anyone paid one yet?
                                He thinks he was targeted because his truck looked like a hunters truck a Z71
                                TO TOP ALL OF THIS OFF THEY NEED TO BE WALKING FENCE LINES AND NAIL THE CORN BANDIT THAT KEEPS FLIPPING MY GAME CAMS UPSIDE DOWN AND LOCKING THME IN PLACE WITH A LIMB! Thats one smart coon!
                                I was raised in Cross Plains, which is the center of the highway region you are describing. During any time of high vehicle traffic, meaning hunting season or perhaps high school football weekends, EVERYONE will be pulled over if you are breaking a traffic law. Hometown folks and outsiders alike.

Too many deaths in the past during times of high traffic has developed into a "very low tolerance" attitude. Those of us that live or have lived in the area know to carefully watch our driving in that area. Heaven help the trucker that tries to speed thru Cross Plains!

Comment

Working...
                                X