Two leases up for bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two leases up for bid

Crown Pine Leases just posted two tracts up for bid- 192 acres in Angelina county and 2344 acres in Jasper county. Minimum bid is $8/acre on both. Thought I would pass this on.

The crappy ones start at $6. The nicer ones start at $8

Comment

There is now a second Angelina county tract up for bid.

Comment

There are now five tracts up for bid- 2 in Angelina county, one in Hardin county, one in Jasper county, and one in Tyler county.

Comment

So do you only make one bid or can you make several bid? Do they tell you updates on the bidding?
          Last edited by jjaimes; 07-17-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I guess you can put in as many bids as you want if you feel your first bid won't get it for you. All the ones I ever got just submitted one bid and got them. Bid whatever it is worth to you to try to get. First tract I ever got I probably bid more than I needed to get it but since it was less than a mile from my house I didn't want to get out bid by maybe a quarter or fifty cents per acre. This is not an auction where you are notified of what the highest bid is- put your bid in an wait to hear if you got it or not.

Comment

So are these places that may not have been hunted in a while? Or maybe ever? Or are they possibly places where the last group either left or was asked to leave?

Comment

They will most likely be tracts that the previous leasers did not renew or for some reason were not given the opportunity to renew.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  So are these places that may not have been hunted in a while? Or maybe ever? Or are they possibly places where the last group either left or was asked to leave?
                  Most likely these places have been hunted every year for a long time. The last group either never paid or just decided to let it go. In my experience hunters let them go because some or all of it has been clear cut, and they don't want it. If there was deer before the cutting there will be deer there the next year too. You can submit all the bids you want. You will never know how much the winning bid is.

Comment

Comment

Many times folks that have never hunted east Texas will lease these tracts and if they don't see a half dozen deer each sit then they lose interest and don't renew. You have to be committed to hunt east Texas (and I don't mean to an institution...)- work hard and it can pay off.

Comment

Working...
                      X