Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White River Trout Trip - Recap with PIX (mucho pix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one of our DIY run with a rental River Jon Boat. We only needed a half day to hit a limit and considering the river flow rates were highest in the afternoon, we hammered it early AM and by mid-morning, we were finished.

A more moderate river flow, we would have gone all day chasing Brown Trout with fly gear.

The river has some wonderful sections for wade fishing when the generator situation is 2 or less online.

Comment

Great fishing, great food and beautiful country

Comment

Curt making quick work of cleaning the day's haul.

The bigger Brown Trout and Rainbows, hang out and devour guts around cleaning areas. Targeting known cleaning areas with deep holes adjacent to them, is the area where these monster trout roam.

Note the green hatch in this River Jon boat. These boats have a water filled live well dead center. And these trout stay alive in cold water all day till you hit the dock. One shot with a club to the head and it's cleaning time.

Comment

i am lucky enough to get to fish with a friend who lives in Norfork on a regular basis.
          beautiful river and great fishing!

Comment

I hauled a commercial grade vacuum sealer for post fish processing. 30 PSI vacuum with one fish per bag.......they will freeze with quality.

Comment

Simply an unreal place to venture and fish!

We watched a pair of Minks, fighting along the river bank.

With the water clarity so good, targeting spotted fish is a very doable deal if you can find the river with flow rates that let you do just that. With the water flow rates so high, seeing them and making a visual mark of where they are holding, with another drift pass....was the only way to do it.

Curt - We had one hella trip AMIGO - THANKS!!!!!

Comment

Tagged for videos later.

I've been concerned about the flow rate with the prior rains. We are headed that way in 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Watch the lake water levels on Bull Shoals. They have been over and the release program is reducing the water table down to normal holding levels. Not sure what Barry did for rainfall amounts up there? The storm appeared to be east somewhat.

Comment

Super cool!!! Thanks for the recap!

Comment

Awesome thread. I've fished the White once out of The Fisherman's Lodge back in 2005. One of the best trips that I've ever been on. That type fishing was new to me, but man did we kill 'em. Your thread makes me want to go back. Your fishing partner is a good son-of-a-gun too. Thanks for sharing the awesome pics.

Comment

Thanks!

Fishing Lake Bull Shoals for Walleye and then another day, chasing Trout on the White River - all doable from the same cabin location.

We spun by Ranger Boats manufacturing plant in Flippin. Out in the middle of BFE - there it sits.

The drive to and thru Flippin, up into Bull Shoals Arkansas is BEAUTIFUL! White River on one side and Lake Bull Shoals on the other - timbered mountains on both sides.

Comment

That would be an awesome TBH group trip!![emoji106]

I haven't been up there since 2011! Was working in little rock for a couple months and took a weekend off to go fling flies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a great trip, congrats on some good fun and fine eating.

Comment

Working...
                            X