No announcement yet.

Gun hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to lay the smack down! Duck this!

Comment

My target buck has been coming in regularly at my rifle stand all bow season, and i didnt have a bow stand on it until last weekend. I'm almost positive between this weekend and the next i could kill him with the rifle. But I'm gonna be going at him with the bow.

Comment

TexasTransBowhunter.com

Comment

Yup. Can’t wait!

Comment

Not a chance, it is bow only fir me. But good luck to all the smoke pole hunters this weekend. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

I hunted on a bow only lease for 16 consecutive years and never took a rifle out of it's case, but to clean it now and then.
              Last few years I've been on another lease where you can also gun hunt, so I went back to rifle hunting after bow season.
              Gave me a chance to use some of my rifles that mean a lot to me, and also my old traditional muzzle loader.
              During those 16 seasons I hunted with bow only, I never had a problem filling my tags in some years, and some years not, but in those seasons I learned that bow hunting makes you hunt smarter, and think like the animal you are hunting, thus making you a better hunter.
              If you don't think it does, you haven't hunted much with a bow.
              Last edited by Jimbo47; 11-01-2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I will be there this weekend with the ole 257roy in hand. I love bowhunting but really only bowhunt in October. My bow stays at the lease locked up in my rv and I will bring it out if cameras show that certain target bucks that I'd really like to take with a bow are frequenting some of the archery set ups, but after October, it is probably safe to say that 95%-98% of the time its a bangstick kind of thing

Comment

opening weekend ill be trading my bow in for............lineup cards and BP....last tournament of the year........thank the lord! then im off to brownwood for a week, gonna bow hunt until friday. wife is bringing my 12yo down to hunt next weekend.

Comment

It depends on how I feel that morning. I may even carry both just in case one wants to get smart and lock up out of bow range. That's assuming I don't go chase ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      I love all the ****** bow only guys lol

While I genuinely believe there are guys that only use a bow because that’s what excites them, I feel there are a lot of macho guys who chime in.

Anyway, I’ll be busting the rifle out at some point. I like shooting my bow and I like shooting my guns. I’ll probably stay with the bow until after Thanksgiving.

I don’t know why anybody has to “admit” to pulling their rifle out lol.
                      Agree. I've had guys tell me deer taken with a firearm is cheating and the deer don't "count." I like both styles, and sometimes, sitting 100 yds off a feeder in a box blind sipping coffee very relaxed is just perfect for me.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        Ditto. Love to bowhunt but we have a newborn in the house and the other is almost 3. I’m limited on time and have mouths to feed!
                        Similar boat. 10 month old twins at home so at most I might get 2-3 days total to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                          I love all the ****** bow only guys lol
                          Appears the opposite. Most will be gun hunting

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          TexasTransBowhunter.com
                          Right!

I havent shot a deer with a rifle in 6 or 7 years. I just like bow hunting more. However, I have that new shiney APR rifle in the safe that needs to spill some blood. That and I really dont have a buck in mind I want to shoot much less arrow

Comment

I take both me with. Prefer bow, but I ain’t scared to throw lead either

Comment

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post
                              I usually bring bow bow and gun when season starts. If I see a doe, coyote, pig, or a buck comes into feeder i can kill quitely and keep hunting. I have seen deer after shooting a gun, but always feel like the hunts over once the .30-06 has sung out
                              I have tagged out in 45 minutes hunting with a rifle in a stand when I was kid. First was big buck, 15 mins later a doe came out, then another 15 mins later a doe came out. 1b-2d county.

Comment

I must admit when gun season opens I tote my thunder stick, to me its about gaining an advantage in order to get that harvest each year. Plus I love sitting in my blind sipping on my coffee and leaning back in my reclining deer blind chair and enjoying the deer come in to eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X