Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't have to identify yourself anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    They should never have to fear us.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    not fear us in the sense of dying every day but in the sense that the people are in charge and that cops arent some powerful being, just because you have nothing to hide doesnt mean you should let them do searches on you, thats some 1984 big brother sh it there, " if you dont do anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about"

Comment

Originally posted by Jack S. View Post
      police dont have a right to have you identify yourself unless detained, they are supposed to fear us and to be our public servants not the other way around, some of you who are cop lovers are the same who would defend the redcoats

[emoji57]You must have got a speeding ticket this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have refused a search and they didn't beat me and lock me away forever. However just asking for my ID isn't the same as asking to search you vehicle for drugs or illegal weapons.
        Then again I was raised to respect the law enforcement officers even when they irritate or frustrate me.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
          [emoji57]You must have got a speeding ticket this week.

haha nope just dont like government over reach into our lives and our rights

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
            Been there. Done that. Got tazed.
            I'm not reading all 152 posts, this one is all I need! Thank you for the laugh!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have refused a search and they didn't beat me and lock me away forever. However just asking for my ID isn't the same as asking to search you vehicle for drugs or illegal weapons.
              Then again I was raised to respect the law enforcement officers even when they irritate or frustrate me.

i respect everyone including LEOs but they should also respect me and my right to refuse an illegal search and to give my ID when not detained, respect goes both ways there

Comment

Originally posted by Jack S. View Post
                i respect everyone including LEOs but they should also respect me and my right to refuse an illegal search and to give my ID when not detained, respect goes both ways there
                They aren't disrespecting you asking for your ID or to search your vehicle. They Re doing their job.

Comment

They aren't disrespecting you asking for your ID or to search your vehicle. They Re doing their job.

and i am not disrespecting them by refusing to give my ID for no reason and to refuse a search to my car, if it is a warranted search then go right but im not letting a cop search me for no reason

Comment

Threads like this explain a lot about what's wrong with this country.

Comment

No ****

Comment

sorry i wont bend over for cops who i will remind you are the ones who will come and take your guns away, i beleive what is wrong with this country is the want to get rid of our rights on both sides of the political spectrum, the guns on the left and the privacy rights on the right wing,

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                          Really? Hmmmmmmmmmm so if you get pulled over for speeding. The officer asks for ID I can tell them to Eff off? I am not under arrest right? All I done was commit the offense of speeding. A class C misdemeanor. It isn't an arrest-able offense in Texas.

So I can just ride off into the wind and officer can have a nice day, right? I was detained I guess when you hit your red and blues, but you can't or didn't arrest me so so long sucka
                          Well, not exactly.....

"Sec. 521.025. LICENSE TO BE CARRIED AND EXHIBITED ON DEMAND; CRIMINAL PENALTY. (a) A person required to hold a license under Section 521.021 shall:

(1) have in the person's possession while operating a motor vehicle the class of driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle operated; and

(2) display the license on the demand of a magistrate, court officer, or peace officer."

You can be arrested for Failure to Carry/Exhibit DL, so that invalidates your theory that you can get pulled over for speeding and just shoot the ole Officer the middle finger and be on your way.

Comment

Yep, people who like government overreach and abuse of power

Comment

One of the hijackers from 9-11 was pulled over on his way to the airport. A little better police work may have prevented the worst terrorist attack on the US. ( where you headed, why, etc.)

I don't know one LEO that really cares what your name and address are. I ask for ID of every person I make contact with in an enforcement situation. Main reason is to confirm identify (picture matches name given.) Another reason is Warrant checks. I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I found out that a person I let go without Identifying was a wanted murderer, pedophile, or even missing elderly.

I completely respect those who wish to exercise the right to refuse ID. Just don't take it so personal against LEO when we ask. I doubt you truly understand our intentions. We don't want to harass you, we just don't want to make a mistake that could have serious consequences.
                              Last edited by jmac2410; 05-15-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Some of you boys are wearing a little too much tin foil.

I’ve lived almost 60 years and never been asked to produce ID by a police officer outside of a few traffic stops.

Of course, I’m not a criminal, so I probably wouldn’t have a problem if asked for my ID during the course of an investigation.

I choose to believe that the police are one of the few institutions that keep our society from breaking down.

Yeah, I’ll side with them over the rampant lawlessness that they have to combat.

Comment

Working...
                                X