Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm afraid I am going to be disappointed once again in a TV adaptation of a book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid I am going to be disappointed once again in a TV adaptation of a book

A couple of years ago I posted a book review of "The Son"

At the time I thought it would make a great movie and sure enough AMC has made it into a mini-series. It starts Saturday - They have been running promos and I have to say I am not optimistic. I hope I am wrong but it would be just like Hollywood to turn an epic story about a Texas family into a stereotypical cartoonish soap opera. I will at least give it a shot because I liked the book so much.
    Last edited by jerp; 04-04-2017, 07:43 PM.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

His accent isn't the greatest.

Comment

Quit reading books!!! Problem solved. [emoji13][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Movie first... then Book.
          Then you'll say the book sucked.

Comment

don't watch movies. too many libs in the movie business. don't support em

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              A couple of years ago I posted a book review of "The Son"

At the time I thought it would make a great movie and sure enough AMC has made it into a mini-series. It starts Saturday - They have been running promos and I have to say I am not optimistic. I hope I am wrong but it would be just like Hollywood to turn an epic story about a Texas family into a stereotypical cartoonish soap opera. I will at least give it a shot because I liked the book so much.
              Could not agree more. It was an intriguing read and I had the same thought that it would make a good movie. The lapse in time would be hard to cover in one sitting, which I am betting is the reason for the miniseries, but as I watched the promos I felt like they took 1 section of the book and amplified it rather than the full story...

My hopes for it are dwindling as well.

Comment

Im going to watch it. Not like there is much else worth watching these days.

Comment

Update- I thought the first episode was pretty darn good. I read an article today about the filming. The guy who wrote the book (Phillip Meyer) was on the set every day and worked very hard on the details to keep it authentic. AMC will continue to run the first episode this week - I think you should check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    His accent isn't the greatest.
                    This right here. PB is a hell of an actor. If he can pull off the accent it'll be good.

Comment

It was good.
                      I'm confused though... it shows episode 1... and next week is episode 3....
                      Wth is ep2?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I liked it, don't know if it was factual or not. I was wanting to know where this ranch was.
                        maybe I missed it?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          It was good.
                          I'm confused though... it shows episode 1... and next week is episode 3....
                          Wth is ep2?

I think last night was a 2 part so episode 1 & 2.

Comment

Pretty cool stuff, I watched them film a scene of it. My mom and sister met pierce brosnan and they said he is a really cool dude

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                              I think last night was a 2 part so episode 1 & 2.

Ahh that makes sense.. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X