Shooting with bifocals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
    Not sure about the brand on the above post, but I've been using a lens in the peep sight based on my needed magnification and love it. Used it at least five years.

Here you go

Compound bow accessories, archery equipment, & more designed for complete and ultimate precision. Shop our full selection of products here!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      Been shooting with bifocals for many years and don't notice any problems with them--maybe it is me?
      Trifocals here, but I never look through anything other than the distance lens. I can't imagine trying to look through the reading or arm's length part to see my pins or iron sights for that matter. Scope reticals have never given me problems.

Comment

How much does a verifier cost? Do you have to buy a special peep sight, also?

Comment

It had been a pain and then I got cataracts, after surgery I threw my glasses away. I now have 20/20 vision. I do have to have cheaters to read but it's nice to see far again.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Trifocals here, but I never look through anything other than the distance lens. I can't imagine trying to look through the reading or arm's length part to see my pins or iron sights for that matter. Scope reticals have never given me problems.
            Mee too---

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
              You have to replace your peep sight, then the verifier you need screws into the peep. You can choose based on the "board" at the pro shop.

Increase your bow's accuracy & maximize precision with Specialty Archery's peep sight verifiers. Browse our wide selection of verifiers here!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                Mee too---
                It is a simple peep site.It just has a glass lens in it.

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
                  Go look at these sites. https://specialtyarch.com/verifiers/

• Magnified peep inserts to clarify your sight vision • 1/8" - compatible with all 1/8" peep housings and 1/4" housings using the Reducer (753-3) • 1/4" - compatible with 1/4" peep housings • Six different powers to sharpen your pins (the higher the number, the stronger the power)

I use the hooded 1/4"peep. It makes seeing the pins very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    same with me ! I take my glasses off to use binoculars .

Comment

I take my glasses off when using my binoculars or looking through the scop.

Comment

I use the regular "lined" bifocals. I tried the progressives and there was distortion when looking through the corner of the lens. I discussed with my eye doctor and optician and they said that progressives wouldn't be clear enough through the corner.
                        Other odd thing is that this year I went from trifocals back to bifocals. Distance sight is getting better with age.

Comment

Working...
                        X