Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

? For my next build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? For my next build

Gonna have 7mm-08 built (hunting rifle) I have three options all are currently chambered in 243 option 1 and the best shooter early Remington 700 BDL option 2 and the worst shooter Sako Forester and option 3 Remington Mohawk 600. My plan is to have action trued stainless barrel installed both Remington’s have triggers replaced already and also want to use the wood stocks (Remington’s already have pillars installed and are glass bedded). Just curious which one would you build off of and why.

Sako for the action, smooth as butter and one of the few I’ve ever heard of that doesn’t shoot sub MOA already. Might as well turn a non shooter into something great rather that take your best shooter and not see much improvement.
    Last edited by elkaholic9292; 12-15-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

What ever you do don’t screw with the 600!

700 BDL gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        What ever you do don’t screw with the 600!

700 BDL gets my vote
        I agree with your thoughts on doing the BDL as a first choice , but I am kinda curious you said to not do the Mohawk?

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
          I agree with your thoughts on doing the BDL as a first choice , but I am kinda curious you said to not do the Mohawk?
          Stock Mohawk in good shape is worth more.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
            Stock Mohawk in good shape is worth more.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

[emoji106]

Comment

Another option would be to sell the Sako outright, they seem to pull around $900 in used condition. Use that money to buy a stainless custom action rather than truing up a stock action. I think the end result will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                Sako for the action, smooth as butter and one of the few I’ve ever heard of that doesn’t shoot sub MOA already. Might as well turn a non shooter into something great rather that take your best shooter and not see much improvement.
                this makes the most sense.

Comment

For those who have built on a Sako L579 action who did your work factory trigger or aftermarket?

Comment

Working...
                  X