Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like your thinking, for sure.

Comment

Nice stand, but what's under the tarp? 72 Monte Carlo?

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
          Nice stand, but what's under the tarp? 72 Monte Carlo?

Close. It's a 71 Chevelle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice start! I like those stairs . Might check out my last DIY thread with a cee-perlin staircase. I used a piece of angle on the end of my stairs, that sits on top of the blind frame with the inside of the angle down, with horizontal bolt holes going through both angle and frame. One running side of the angel being across the top, and the other being on the stair side, the weight sits on top of the frame, and not underneath, taking the stress off the bolts and distributing it across the frame. I used 1/2" bolts with nylon lock-nuts for ease.

Bolt holes can go horizontal or vertical depending on your needs. Angle could be welded to that last upper step on the end so it would sit almost flush with the frame (except for the thickness of the angle sitting on top). You could also set it so the angle sits under the frame and on top of the stairs with one running edge of the angle on the inside of the frame turned up. Clear as mud ? Just some thoughts.

Comment

Very cool looking so far!

Comment

Nice framework. How are you planning on raising the blind??

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Nice start! I like those stairs . Might check out my last DIY thread with a cee-perlin staircase. I used a piece of angle on the end of my stairs, that sits on top of the blind frame with the inside of the angle down, with horizontal bolt holes going through both angle and frame. One running side of the angel being across the top, and the other being on the stair side, the weight sits on top of the frame, and not underneath, taking the stress off the bolts and distributing it across the frame. I used 1/2" bolts with nylon lock-nuts for ease.

Bolt holes can go horizontal or vertical depending on your needs. Angle could be welded to that last upper step on the end so it would sit almost flush with the frame (except for the thickness of the angle sitting on top). You could also set it so the angle sits under the frame and on top of the stairs with one running edge of the angle on the inside of the frame turned up. Clear as mud ? Just some thoughts.

That's probably something like what I'm going to do. I want to keep it simple since they will be coming off whenever the blind is laid over. I also would like the ability to install them with one person.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                    Nice framework. How are you planning on raising the blind??

I'm going to weld two rings on one side of the blind to rig off of. The plan is to attach a strap on those rings and anchor it to a tree or another truck if need be. Then just drive forward with the trailer until the blind pivots up into place. I'll probably use an 8' piece of pie or maybe a 4 x 4 as a fulcrum to get the lift started.

Comment

When I get it all finished I'll post a video on set up if it works out The way I planned.

Comment

Also, think about locking and securing it. Trailer ball locks are one thing but putting a heavy duty metal loop under it for chains or cable locks might be worth thinking about. We designed one with a metal pipe that locks the wheels to the frame of a trailer but you don't have holes in your wheels. Cutting holes will throw the wheels out of balance.

Comment

I had to put the blind on hold for a little bit. We're supposed to go up to the ranch next weekend so I can look around and find a spot. Figured it would be a good time to put a pen and feeder up so I've been busy on that. So far I've got 6 panels built and I'm in the middle of building a 1500# protein feeder. I think I've got a timed release figured out but it won't get built before next weekend so for now it'll be free choice 24/7.

Comment

Following

Comment

Well I screwed up on my math. After cutting everything out I recalculated and it looks like I'm building a 1080# feeder. Oh well. We're rolling with it anyway. Here's how it sits for tonight.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X