GoPro Alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoPro Alternatives

Can anyone point me in the right direction for someone with limited funds for a GoPro alternative or knockoff? Thanks

I bought an “apeman” from a recommendation on here awhile back. Worked for what I need.

Comment

Hated my GoPro mounted on my bow. Love my Tactacam tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

buy an older model and use TF out of it as you save up to get a brand new one. Ive been using a Hero 4 as my rifle mount and works just great for what I need it to.

Connor

Comment

Sjcam. I’ve had one for about 5 years now and it’s still going strong. There’s a lot of different models with different features, I think mine is a sj4000 it’s just a basic model but it records good video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll look into them

Comment

The knock off brands on Amazon work fine. Just find one with decent reviews and you’ll be fine. I have used mine on several dives and it is still working great

Comment

Why dont you pick up a used go pro? Heck I have a 3+ that is waaaay outdated compared to the new stuff but it still takes great 1080 video.

Comment

Agreed. Used GoPro over knockoffs.

Comment

I have 2 GoPro 5’s I bought off amazon brand new for less than half the price of the new 7’s and 8’s. There is a definite difference between a GoPro and the knockoffs.

Comment

I have one of the GoPro knockoffs I got on Amazon. Has 4K, wifi, all the junk, extra batteries, mounts. It was $60 I think. It works fine. I haven’t used it much though.

Comment

So I ended up purchasing a Crosstour CT9700 - the specs on the box seemed good - 4K at 50 fps, 20 MP, and can choose different modes for activities...in the end I returned it. The specs didn't live up to the actual results - and the audio was horriable - plus I'd just need to save my money up for a "tough camera" like Olympus Tough TG-6 or Fujifilm Finepix XP140

Comment

You guys that were saying to get an older GoPro were right! Got a really nice GP Hero 6 Black with GoPro accessories for as much as the knockoff - my 6 rocks! I had to wait a bit and really look for the deal but eventually I got it - hopefully I can get some footage taking down some deer

Comment

Bought a hero 2 from a member here, think I gave $30... has got all my hog footage this year and hasn’t missed a beat!

Comment

Working...
                            X