No announcement yet.

Lethargic Blue Lacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am with most on here. It sounds like something digested. My Lacy has had issues with rotten meat.....but usually gets the runs and vomits it up. Do you have rodent or bug killer traps out? Fertilize the yard lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      Grab him by the knap of the neck and pinch into the shape of a pup tent. Once you remove your hand see if it drops back down. If it doesn't he is dehydrated. You can also push down on his gums with a finger until if turns white. When you remove the pressure it should turn bright pink in less than a second. This will also show dehydration.
      Thanks. Now he is vomiting a white foam

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post
        I am with most on here. It sounds like something digested. My Lacy has had issues with rotten meat.....but usually gets the runs and vomits it up. Do you have rodent or bug killer traps out? Fertilize the yard lately?
        I don't have any poison or bug killer. I do have some natural fertilizer made from chicken droppings but I have had that product for a long time and it's inshed.

Comment

gonna take him to the vet. Now we need to find one near College Station

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
            gonna take him to the vet. Now we need to find one near College Station
            Try briarcrest veterinarian. The guy was amazing on our PD K-9s.

Comment

What's the cause?
              Kidney failure / disease/ cancer. It was terminal. We changed his diet and it helped, but he slowly went down hill.

Comment

PM Kdub he had a lacy act like this earlier this year and I think they finally decided it was from a tick bite. I think his might had been worse than yours though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                  Try briarcrest veterinarian. The guy was amazing on our PD K-9s.
                  BAHAHAHAHA... I worked here... He has you fooled GOOD. I could tell you some CRAZY stories. I walked away from the job because I couldn't be associated with those kind of ethics and the way he practiced/allowed his techs to practice

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                    BAHAHAHAHA... I worked here... He has you fooled GOOD. I could tell you some CRAZY stories. I walked away from the job because I couldn't be associated with those kind of ethics and the way he practiced/allowed his techs to practice
                    You might want to be careful what you say about a business online nowadays. Slander has landed A LOT of people in hot water and in debt. The fact that a LEO has had a good experience and contradicts your experiences is even more cause for caution

You "may" be 100% accurate, but it will cost you a ton of money to find out if a business feels threatened

Comment

Thanks. He just urinated and had a bowel movement which looked normal. He doesn't want to eat or drink though.
                      Based on this, it doesn't sound very serious. You never know though.
                      Generally, anything too serious, is accompanied by more than just white foam, ie.., bloody stool, loss of bowels, loss of urinary functions, etc.
                      Sounds like it could be indigestion/acid reflux. Does he swallow a lot, burp?

Comment

Like someone posted above, our 13 year old Aussie all of a sudden stopped eating and got real lethargic too. She was still drinking water and urinating. Took her to the vet. In a weeks time, it went fast and got worse quickly. Ended up being kidney failure. Didnt end up well. I hope your pup is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          You might want to be careful what you say about a business online nowadays. Slander has landed A LOT of people in hot water and in debt. The fact that a LEO has had a good experience and contradicts your experiences is even more cause for caution

You "may" be 100% accurate, but it will cost you a ton of money to find out if a business feels threatened
                          Well he didn't slander the business. He just said he could tell you some stories.

Comment

He finally drank water

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

Please... It is a can of worms he would NOT want opened. No legs to stand on in an argument.

I'm giving you the point of view of a guy who worked in the industry for multiple ppl. One of the last places I would go. But that's just one man's opinion, you do what you want

Comment

My Lacy throws up almost every time she eats bones. Something about the excess stomach acid buildup to break down the bones. The bone chunks irritate the stomach lining and also causes her to eat grass. She also acts puny until all this has passed thru her. For that reason she don't get bones anymore. I do give her the cooked crispy pig ears on occasion but they make her farts ultra lethal.
                                My guess is once your dog has passed all the hoof and leg bones thru it's system she will be OK.

I also give mine the breath and teeth cleaning hard chews. They look like some sort of hard baked multi grain product. These treats don't upset her at all.
                                Last edited by muzzlebrake; 04-02-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X