Military Trains in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Trains in Houston

Today and yesterday I was stopped near down town by long military trains full of really cool armour. Most of the vehicles looked like they had been in the desert and they were headed inland. Really cool to see. I did not get my camera out in time but yesterday’s had a bunch of Abrams in front and today’s had a bunch of Bradleys! Lots of M113s and variants. I have always been an armour buff, thought I would share. Anyone else see these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	81307AF4-71D4-48D4-BD1C-0C0A0CECD92A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	25153035

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A0C9629-DE6C-49A8-8E7C-83F08B3A5EF2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	25153036

Saw one outside of Weatherford today.

Comment

They are coming out of Port of Beaumont, largest Military intake port in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
        They are coming out of Port of Beaumont, largest Military intake port in the world.
        Is that right! I am a armour geek (never served) but just always liked that stuff. Only Time in my life I was excited to be stopped by a train !

Comment

I remember seeing all the stuff headed that direction back around 1990, in Midlothian. That was the first time I'd ever seen military stuff that wasn't green camo.
          I grew up down the street from a National Guard Armory. I used to love to see the helos land and take off, on "duty" weekends. I dont recall ever seeing a Cobra but plenty Huey's and Kiowas back then.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I know they have been loading quite a bit in the Port of Corpus Christi. From what I have read most is going to Europe to replace equipment there.

Comment

113s and a paladin

Comment

My son goes to Teaxa A&M. Several weeks ago he saw about 25-30 Abrams Tanks headed north through College Station. Not sure where they are taking all of these vehicles.

Comment

Those tanks headed north through College Station are headed to Fort Hood.

Comment

I’m a conductor on the Houston to hearne run we have been running them pretty regular for awhile now.

Comment

The 2nd pic is a 155mm howlitzer I think

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                        The 2nd pic is a 155mm howlitzer I think
                        Cool

Comment

theyve been on the tracks by hardy and crosstimbers for past couple weeks..
                          miles of them... Train engine was on south bound end...

Comment

Always hated loading equipment on trains to send them to Ft Erwin, or for iraq. My tracked vehicle took 16 chains to strap it down

Comment

jade helm

Comment

Working...
                              X