Recommend me a new heavier arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
    just curious, why are you shooting 84# and only a 434 grain arrow?
    he is still over the recommended 5gplb,,, anything 420 or over would keep him in the "safe" zone, he probably gets a nice flat trajectory too

Comment

Originally posted by solocamshooter View Post
      would i benefit any bumping up to a 125 gr broadhead? I’ve been shooting 100 gr.
      not really. 25 gr isnt much of a change. I shoot a gold tip xt hunter with a 100 gr brass insert behind a 125 gr magnus. Total arrow weitght for me is 520 gr. With my 28" draw, im still shooting around 268 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
        just curious, why are you shooting 84# and only a 434 grain arrow?
        I have some FMJ 250's also, with 125 grain heads, they weigh 712 grains at the length I shoot them They just seem unnecessary for most of what I do, and their trajectory is too "curved" for my liking. The Aftermaths shoot well, and although I haven't killed many animals with them, the one hog and three deer I've shot were all complete pass-throughs. When I get to hunt something a little bigger than deer, I'll probably use the FMJ's.
        I've thought about weights on the inserts on the Aftermaths to make them a bit heavier, and tried putting a length of trimmer string inside them for added weight,just experimenting, but decided I didn't really need that for deer hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
          Easton Fmj or Carbon Express Maxima Red SD
          CE Maxima's. The best arrows I've used and owned, also will easily fall in your weight range you want.

Comment

Comes down to personal preference. All good arrows listed so far. I like FMJ and skinny Victory arrows because they pull out of my target so easily, I shoot a lot more targets than deer. :-) And I'm old and don't like to fight with crab. Have fun.
            Last edited by wdtorque; 08-06-2018, 08:50 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

PM Muddyfuzzy and send him all of your specs and he will put together some arrows for you

Comment

...Or might I suggest Cinnamon Creek Ranch (or other current archery shop sponsor) that is a strong supporter of our site and our members? Jeff (Fishindude) put together some Goldtip Pierce arrows for me when I was looking to increase my arrow weight and FOC, and nailed it with the build.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                  Would I benefit any bumping up to a 125 gr broadhead? I’ve been shooting 100 gr.
                  If you go to 125 gr. Head , the only rage head they make is the p+. Discontinued all the others in 125 gr. As said you won't notice any thing from 100- 125. I have done the same and added fact weights to the back of my inserts. This way you can add and subtract all the weight you want, and not damage the shaft.

Comment

My next buy will prob be Black Eagle Carnivores. Decent price, straightness, and low GPI. Will put some extra weight up front for heavier total weight and FOC.

Comment

60ish pound bow with Goldtip XT 300’s with 100 gr. insert and 100 gr. head, 28.5” length, weigh in at 495 gr. and pack a punch even at 100 yards. Shooting I believe a little over 262 FPS.

Comment

Carbon Tech : CT RHINO 11.5 Grains per inch (gpi) - 55/80 - .300"

Comment

Easton axis or have muddyfuzzy build you a set of black eagles

Comment

I took yalls advice and reached out to muddyfuzzy and have him looking into building me some black eagles. Thanks all for the advice I appreciate it!

Comment

Muddyfuzzy helped me with mine. Enewman or Rat would be good also.

Comment

I went with CE Mayhems and Mutinys. 350s. Mine weigh 450gr with a 100gr head. 31" arrow.
                                You could use a 125gr head and prob be right at 425-430gr.

???

Comment

Working...
                                X