450 bushmaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 bushmaster?

Anyone have one? I’m eyeing the Ruger Ranch bolt model at our local hardware store. As many pigs as we have I was thinking it’d be a good hog smacker for the truck. Just curious if it’s worth it or not.

My issue with the 450 Bushmaster is it uses pistol bullets pushed to rifle velocities. There’s only a very few bullets that will hold up at those velocities.

The 458 Socom uses rifle bullets and there’s tons of .458 diameter bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have one and it’s awesome! Great brush gun, and mine is very accurate. Don’t listen to the “lack of bullets for rifle velocity”. You can use muzzleloader bullets if you reload

Comment

I've heard they are bad *****! Had a fellow tell me yesterday that he has already shot like 10 pigs with his already and not one has taken a step. He also said he made some pretty bad shots on some of them and they were still DRT!

Comment

I have a 450 bushmaster upper I would be willing to sell. Also have several boxes of Hornady ammo.

Comment

I love mine. We use it to deer hunt with. Mine is very accurate just have to keep in mind that isn’t a 400 yard gun. Devastating from 0-200 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarnes View Post
              I have a 450 bushmaster upper I would be willing to sell. Also have several boxes of Hornady ammo.
              How much for that upper?

Comment

Iowa amended their shotgun season to included certain straight wall cartridges this year. The .450 Bushmaster was by far the most popular choice of the "straightwallers". Lots of guys shooting .45-70, but..... just imagine being used to shooting shotgun rifled slugs and then going to a AR platform with 150 to 200 killing capability. The .450 Bushmaster proved to be a deadly round on Iowa whitetails. I am glad the gun season is short.

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
                  How much for that upper?
                  PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                    Anyone have one? I’m eyeing the Ruger Ranch bolt model at our local hardware store. As many pigs as we have I was thinking it’d be a good hog smacker for the truck. Just curious if it’s worth it or not.
                    not a bad round but the 458 socom is superior, since it uses rifle bullets and the 450 uses handgun bullets,,, the socom is more expensive but reloading will offset that if you do.... just more likely to have a 45 pistol bullet come apart than a 458 rifle slug

Comment

Buy it! Best gun I’ve bought in a long time. Ohio amended their law to straight sided as well. I dial this in to 200 and 4rounds touch.
                      Last edited by txbonecollector; 12-27-2017, 04:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

On reloading stand point the 450 interests me more do to versitilty of the bullets. And a bergara HMR to top, take my money.

Comment

Working...
                        X