Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #751
jmeghunts
Ten Point

jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #752
ShoootLow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Most of Texas

One well trained sniper could have eliminated the threat within minutes. I see snipers set up at high profile sporting events. Why not at other mass gatherings?
ShoootLow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #753
myway
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kent county

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
hmm.. when i look at the picture it looked pretty evident that he had just looked to the left...slightly... more with the eyes than his head or torso and had recently wrote a note...with a pencil..not a pen.. probably a number 2..with a slightly chewed on eraser...

he also appeared to have eaten in the past 74 minutes... some sort of shell fish...possibly shrimp..

its also quite evident that the bullet ricochet'd off his upper back molar redirecting the projectile slightly to the right, grazing his tongue on the right side before making entry to the left hemisphere of his brain, then out the back of his skull...where it eventually found its way into between the baseboard and carpet in the wall behind him - where it wont be found for 3 years.

Que the music!
I laughed
myway is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #754
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
No kidding. Just further proof that people see and interpret almost everything in the most convenient manner for them. Psychology 101.
If you look real close at his arm hairs you can see "666"
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #755
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoootLow View Post
One well trained sniper could have eliminated the threat within minutes. I see snipers set up at high profile sporting events. Why not at other mass gatherings?
1) define mass gathering
2) whats the qualifications/certifications/liability for a sniper that would be assigned at these events?
3) not enough snipers
4) snipers still need authorization - that suggests a team with a superior with the authority to provide that authorization - at every event.
5) im not available for a lot of events. kids baseball takes a lot of time.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #756
quarterback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
After this, I think significantly more extreme safety measures will start taking place in large venues, particularly outdoor gatherings. For this very reason. Which is very, very sad that we have to think this way but that's the world we apparently live in now.
quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #757
krazykritters
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Then Cajun Blake steps in and gets everyone back on track for 5 posts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
krazykritters is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:19 PM   #758
tbgascorer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterback View Post
After this, I think significantly more extreme safety measures will start taking place in large venues, particularly outdoor gatherings. For this very reason. Which is very, very sad that we have to think this way but that's the world we apparently live in now.
Yep, things change from here on out. The opportunities for these crazies are limitless. We can never stop all of them no matter what we put in place ahead of time. Truly scary.

Last edited by tbgascorer; 10-04-2017 at 03:21 PM.
tbgascorer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #759
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySRT8U View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wonder how long until he's on FOX news?
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #760
myway
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kent county

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sputnik...obscene-reply/
Here is the video of bird man.
myway is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #761
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySRT8U View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
'Merica by God!
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #762
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykritters View Post
How the heck can u end up with a 223 or 308 bullet in the arm and it not do major damage???
The same way my hunting buddy used to lose every-single-hog he shot with M193 ball. Bullet disintegrates on impact and target is not fatally harmed.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #763
flatlander
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Why has not a single employee come forward & said anything about any of this? From Sept. 28th to when the shooting stopped, some of them had to of had some run-ins w/this guy! Delivered his food, carried his bags, parked his car, watched him walk into the hotel, SOMETHING. Not one word has been spoken about this guy from anybody who saw/interacted w/him @ the hotel. That's odd.
If you worked at a hotel when something like this happened would you talk to the media?

I'd imagine none of them want anything to do with talking to anybody in the interest of keeping their jobs, privacy, etc.
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #764
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by myway View Post

Que the music!
I laughed

Maybe the bullet just got *puts on sunglasses* a little ahead of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 04:40 PM   #765
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
If you worked at a hotel when something like this happened would you talk to the media?
I can be easily bought

For $50 I'll tell yall ElkBowHunters alias on here ...everything has a price.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #766
coldgas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hemphill Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I can be easily bought

For $50 I'll tell yall ElkBowHunters alias on here ...everything has a price.
We already know it was/is Estrous Bound Heifer.
coldgas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #767
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
The FBI says they are absolutely confident that the planning took over 2 months. Paddock likely rented the same or similar suite several weeks ago to do a "walk though" during the planning stages. FBI will question and find out Marilou's story of the last 2 months. If they catch her lying they can charge her.

One reason why there has been so little info released, the FBI could be executing raids around the country....possibly throughout the world. They aren't going to give us any info about motives or accomplices until they are confident they have everyone involved in custody.

Paddock has been buying guns, ammo, fertilizer, and tannerite like crazy over the last 12 months. All that, including whatever digital info they've found, has to be investigated with a fine tooth comb.

Paddock attempted to book The Ogden for the Life is Beautiful music festival a few weeks ago (9/22 - 9/24) but couldn't get the rooms he wanted. 45,000 people per day at that event. He booked his room at MB 3 weeks ago. Being that he lived in LV, he knew the area very well.

Saturday 9/23 lineup at LIB would have had the most people in attendance. Lots of college aged kids (racially mixed crowd) who listen to this type of music today. The theory of "shooting Trump supporting Republicans" holds no water based on these facts. Paddock just wanted to kill large masses of people

Muse •Kaskade •Wiz Khalifa •Cage the Elephant •Schoolboy Q •Milky Chance •Tycho •Lil Dicky •Local Natives •Deorro •Kyle •Kiesza •Broods •Goldroom •COIN •Sofi Tukker •Stick Figure •Ekali •Jacob Banks •Whethan •Sigrid •Ellavos •San Fermin •Wingtip •The American Weather

view from Ogden to crowd, this would have been a lot worse

Where did you get the info about his purchasing history of ammo and such and the attempt of the other room and successful rent of the similar room couple months ago?
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #768
JP135
Ten Point

Quote:
It's a gun free zone - they've got signs posted everywhere saying it's illegal to posses a gun here, so no worries!

Seriously, I'd imagine that will be a thing now that this cat is out of the bag. The logistics of providing effective sniper coverage for an event like this would boggle the mind.
JP135 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #769
tradtiger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Great info, Cajun Blake. Had no idea about other purchases and attempt at booking another room for another concert. Also, curious regarding sources -- not doubting, just curious.

Side notes:
1) Thanks for the "Real American Heroes" post

2) 35remington: what the heck is going on in your avatar pic? Awaiting hostile underwater aliens from Cocoon 4?
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #770
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
The same way my hunting buddy used to lose every-single-hog he shot with M193 ball. Bullet disintegrates on impact and target is not fatally harmed.
So you are saying that ball ammo will disintegrate when it hits pig skin? Or am I missing something here?
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 05:33 PM   #771
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
So you are saying that ball ammo will disintegrate when it hits pig skin? Or am I missing something here?
Yes. M193 is a fragmenting round that relies on high velocity and yawing in the target to initiate fragmentation. It is garbage for hunting without perfect shot placement.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #772
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

I've been staring at this photo since yesterday... at first i was like many people wondering why he had a black sock on his left hand. But the more I look at, it looks more like that is the sleeve of either a windbreaker or light jacket. Begs the question, why is it like that... is it common for someone to clumsily try to remove their jacket like that before they eat a bullet?

While I have seen jackets pulled off in that manner during a fight, or someone being yanked from behind....

Name:  Screenshot_20171004-173433.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  31.9 KB

Edit... wife showed me a clearer pic.... it's a weapon stock his hand is laying on.

Whew

Last edited by JFISHER; 10-04-2017 at 06:42 PM.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #773
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

There's a glove on his hand and a stock/ another AR under his body.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #774
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
I've been staring at this photo since yesterday...
While I have seen jackets pulled off in that manner during a fight, or someone being yanked from behind....
Edit... wife showed me a clearer pic.... it's a weapon stock his hand is laying on.

Whew
It was previously mentioned that Paddock probably used a shooting glove (or sock) as a form of insulation to protect his hands from excessive barrel heat. He pretty much fired non-stop for 9-10 minutes until the security guard knocked on the door. IMO, the security guard saved many more lives as Paddock took his life shortly thereafter. Read a report earlier indicating 10 of his weapons were modified to simulate full auto. Pretty sure that would have been with bump stocks ; haven't seen any pics or reports yet of GAT triggers.
Cajun Blake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #775
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
It's a gun free zone - they've got signs posted everywhere saying it's illegal to posses a gun here, so no worries!

Seriously, I'd imagine that will be a thing now that this cat is out of the bag. The logistics of providing effective sniper coverage for an event like this would boggle the mind.

Not really. In fact, I’d be happy to take that job. I’m good up to 800 yards easily for a center mass shot. At 500 and under his head would look like a party popper going off.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 07:19 PM   #776
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
It was previously mentioned that Paddock probably used a shooting glove (or sock) as a form of insulation to protect his hands from excessive barrel heat. He pretty much fired non-stop for 9-10 minutes until the security guard knocked on the door. IMO, the security guard saved many more lives as Paddock took his life shortly thereafter. Read a report earlier indicating 10 of his weapons were modified to simulate full auto. Pretty sure that would have been with bump stocks ; haven't seen any pics or reports yet of GAT triggers.

Heard earlier on news that he had 12 weapons with bump stocks....

Old 10-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #777
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CA, CO, OR, and TX

A Mandalay Bay employee claims to have a receipt for room service for 2 including the shooter on 9/27, a day prior to when he's supposed to have checked in.

I don't know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-massacre.html

Bill in San Jose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #778
asttbe
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My yard

I've heard he checked in on Monday the 25th and rented the adjoining room on Thursday the 28th
asttbe is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #779
Diamonddan
Four Point

Hunt In: Hill county Whitney

That price of the bagel and soup. Wow!
Diamonddan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #780
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

per the sheriff:

-Paddock spent decades acquiring weapons (weapon types not specified)

-Still evaluating crime scene, will take up to 5 days

-Paddock lived a secret life, most of which we will probably never know the details of (starting to think there is no clear motive)

-Still more interviews to conduct regarding Paddock

-10:05 first shots fired by Paddock
-10:12 first two officers arrived on the 31st floor and said gunfire is coming from directly above them
-10:15 last shots fired per body cam
10:17 first two officers arrive on 32nd floor
10:18 security guard tells cops he was shot and gives exact location
10:26-10:30 - 8 more officers arrive on 32nd floor. clear rooms
11:20 - first breach, Paddock was down on the ground (dead)
11:27 - second breach. No other people seen in the room

None of the cameras were actually recording in or outside of the room.

Paddock had 1500 rounds of ammunition in his car in the parking lot of the Mandalay Bay. Explosives as well. Ammonium nitrate, tannerite, etc.

FBI says multiple leads and investigations of travel patterns of persons across the world. .... Aw ****e

FBI saying the list of people being monitored is growing in this investigation, but many of those leads will likely go nowhere.

FBI isn't ready to disclose what information was gathered in the interviews today. The FBI carried our the interviews with the gf (presumably), but the sheriff isn't privy to how those went.

FBI profiler told the sheriff that Paddock doesn't fit any traditional molds in this type of crime. They're still trying to hold numerous interviews with acquaintances to build the profile.

Sheriff explained that "secret life" means he wasn't public, wasn't on social media, etc. Said the crime was meticulously planned, so it is understandable that his private life was well hidden too
Old 10-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #781
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Not really. In fact, I’d be happy to take that job. I’m good up to 800 yards easily for a center mass shot. At 500 and under his head would look like a party popper going off.

I'm with ya 100% Bro. A shot like that can easily be made by LOTS of people. Myself included. The party popper comment dam* near made me choke on my drink!
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #782
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

someone else's opinion which I tend to agree with

Paddock probably had a personality disorder causing him to be socially inept. He had very few friends other than family, and felt like the world was against him. Couple that with depression, and he decides to kill himself. But do it in a way that will make sure the world knows who he was and puts his name in the history books. It is that simple, there is no complex underlying political or religious motivation, conspiracy, or plot.

I've always believed that within your inner circle, you can count the number of true friends on one hand. Paddock likely had ZERO friends, and gambling was his escape from reality. He bought happiness and inner-pleasure by giving money away to his immediate family.

Lockheed doesn't employ or recruit dummies, as Paddock was likely very cerebral and extremely intelligent. So smart that he had difficulties socializing with normal everyday people. This led to isolation and somewhere along the way he decided to unleash holy terror on innocent people.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #783
fulmer34
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke, Runnels, Val Verde counties

One question I have is was this guy (or any other non-islamic mass shooter) on meds, specifically anti-depressants or anxiety meds? My wife has epilepsy and she has taking meds used for and/or very similar to anti-depressants and anxiety meds. A few have had some pretty negative effects on her attitude and personality. We recognized the change right away and got her off those meds. But how many people get prescribed pills and take them with no one to tell them they are acting bat shat crazy on them? I've wondered about the effects of meds on most of these shooters for a while. Since big Pharma has most of DC in their pocket it never seems to get mentioned. I'm not sure that info is even available but I'd sure like to see it if it was.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
fulmer34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #784
Blood Trail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulmer34 View Post
One question I have is was this guy (or any other non-islamic mass shooter) on meds, specifically anti-depressants or anxiety meds? My wife has epilepsy and she has taking meds used for and/or very similar to anti-depressants and anxiety meds. A few have had some pretty negative effects on her attitude and personality. We recognized the change right away and got her off those meds. But how many people get prescribed pills and take them with no one to tell them they are acting bat shat crazy on them? I've wondered about the effects of meds on most of these shooters for a while. Since big Pharma has most of DC in their pocket it never seems to get mentioned. I'm not sure that info is even available but I'd sure like to see it if it was.

BINGO!!!!

I wrote a college paper on mass shootings in America and one thing every one had in common:

THEY ALL WERE ON SOME SORT OF ANTI-DEPRESSANT/ANXIETY DRUGS.

I told folks that this could be the key to why he snapped. Then I saw this. I called it.

Blood Trail is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:03 PM   #785
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:

I read somewhere that he was on diazepam. But their is tons of BS to wade through with this event.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:09 PM   #786
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I'm with ya 100% Bro. A shot like that can easily be made by LOTS of people. Myself included. The party popper comment dam* near made me choke on my drink!

Yep, let’s get some of these vets needing jobs and let them use their training. Pay them, give them benefits and retirement. I’m sure there would be a long line of these patriots that would continue to provide safety here at home. I’m sure some of those guys can make party poppers at longer ranges than myself!

Old 10-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #787
NSpannTX
Four Point

Hunt In: Muldoon

Quote:

Yes prescribed anti-anxiety meds.
NSpannTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #788
TXHunter12
Ten Point

The meds didn't cause him to "snap".
He didn't snap. From what they have been saying he was planning for a long time.
He was prescribed the med after the planning stages.

Last edited by TXHunter12; 10-04-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Typo
TXHunter12 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #789
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

Don’t give this guy any credit. F him and the hole in his head.

Skinny
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #790
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post

Skinny

Agreed!!!!

Old 10-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #791
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:

Skinny
Awesomeness!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #792
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
The mess didn't cause him to "snap".
He didn't snap. From what they have been saying he was planning for a long time.
He was prescribed the med after the planning stages.
And you know this how?
Old 10-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #793
fulmer34
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke, Runnels, Val Verde counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
BINGO!!!!

I wrote a college paper on mass shootings in America and one thing every one had in common:

THEY ALL WERE ON SOME SORT OF ANTI-DEPRESSANT/ANXIETY DRUGS.

I told folks that this could be the key to why he snapped. Then I saw this. I called it.

It doesn't surprise me at all if that's the case. Where did you find your info/sources? I'd like to read through and research it some myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
I read somewhere that he was on diazepam. But their is tons of BS to wade through with this event.
I heard that as well from a buddy, said he read it on Facebook. I don't Facebook and trust info off there about like I trust a wet fart....

fulmer34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:24 PM   #794
Mann Eye-Ashley
Six Point

Ok so I have what may be a stupid question- if she "went against her will" to the Philippines (and it wasn't planned, he just told her he got a cheap ticket)...but traveled to other cities in her couple weeks out of the country...wouldn't she have just stayed with her family in the Philippines confused as to why he sent her there? Except she went to several different cities during that trip? I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed here, but am I missing something? Her recent statement said "she thought it was a ploy for him to dump her"? So why the reason for the multiple travel locations? I've been trying to follow but been super busy so maybe I missed something but just curious if any of that has been explained?
Mann Eye-Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #795
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Quote:

Skinny
Old 10-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #796
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
Ok so I have what may be a stupid question- if she "went against her will" to the Philippines (and it wasn't planned, he just told her he got a cheap ticket)...but traveled to other cities in her couple weeks out of the country...wouldn't she have just stayed with her family in the Philippines confused as to why he sent her there? Except she went to several different cities during that trip? I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed here, but am I missing something? Her recent statement said "she thought it was a ploy for him to dump her"? So why the reason for the multiple travel locations? I've been trying to follow but been super busy so maybe I missed something but just curious if any of that has been explained?
Simple. She's a liar!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:27 PM   #797
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CA, CO, OR, and TX

There's a report a hotel security guard hear the shooting in the room, went to the door, took a bullet in the leg, somehow kept him busy with him until the police arrived.

Bill in San Jose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:28 PM   #798
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Our the fact this guy was a multi- millionaire that gambled thousands daily but waited for cheap tickets to come up for sale ? Doesn't pass the smell test
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2017, 09:28 PM   #799
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Simple. She's a liar!

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

I’m actually surprised she even came back.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:28 PM   #800
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Haven't heard what her excuse was for leaving the country, but if that's it, then yeah, that doesn't jive very well.