How to wake up better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to wake up better?

I am not a morning person. Regardless of how much I sleep, I have a hard time getting out of bed when my alarm goes off. I'm pretty much a bear for a good hour minimum until I get enough caffeine in me. After that I'm good to go. I do not get sleepy during the day. I prefer to stay busy even after I get home from work. I workout at a high intensity level 6 days a week. I do not sleep straight through the night ever. I do not wake up and have trouble going back to sleep. I just wake up a fair amount to re position. I have tried taking melatonin and it helps me stay asleep longer but does not change how I feel in the morning. Same results with Mtn OPs Slumber drink. I do not have back pain or anything when sleeping or after waking. I sleep an average of 7.5-8.5 hours a night. My alarm typically goes off at 0515. On fridays I have to get up at 0415. I go to bed earlier to compensate. I do not go to bed with stress. I fall asleep quickly. I am 30 years old and physically fit and healthy.

My wife wakes up chipper every morning. She might wake up at 4 am and be wide awake and happy about it. Even if I get to sleep in until 7 or 730 on the weekend, I still feel about the same when I wake up.

Am I just not a morning person and that is that? Or is there something I can improve on? Anybody gotten a different mattress that actually made a big difference? What about those alarms that wake you up slowly with light? What about the sleep cycle monitors that are supposed to wake you up at the optimum point in your sleep cycle?

Is my brain addicted to caffeine now and just refuses to wake up until it gets it?

Yes, u ain’t alone. }

Comment

I'm not a morning person either. I don't drink coffee very much, maybe once or twice a week. It is amazing however that I can pop right out of bed at 5am to go hunting or fishing but 6am to go to work, I'm sluggish as hell. Wish I had an answer for you, you may be onto something with the caffeine.

Comment

Could be a variety of things. First things I would look at are comfort level of your bed and what pre-workout you are taking (if you are). I used to take a pre-workout that was loaded with caffeine and it would greatly affect my sleep even if i took it early in the day. Willing to bet the caffeine has alot to do with it.

Comment

My weight fluctuates in a 20lb range depending on when I feel motivated and not. When down in weight, I wake up with way more energy. This is my experience and may have nothing to do with your issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can tell you what works for me. Immediately upon arising I drink one - and often two - 8 oz. glasses of water while the coffee is brewing. We always wake up at least slightly dehydrated every morning. That water on an empty stomach does a great job of jump-starting the system.

Comment

I've never been remotely close to over weight.

I drink a lot of caffeine. I have drank energy drinks for so long that I can't remember how I slept and woke up before them. I go back and forth between monsters and the crystal light pure energy mix. I feel like i'm risking my own safety if I don't drink it on the way to work driving down I20 for 70 miles.

Caffeine has a long half life but I do not feel it is affecting my sleep. I used to drink tea at night and that definitely affected my sleep. I don't do that anymore. I do feel that it has to be affecting my wake up based on dependency.

I do not use pre-workout.

Comment

I read your entire post because i have almost the same issue. Waking up often throughout the night and all. I have been thinking i need more excercise.

What i gathered from your post is excercising more will not help me. This is very unmotivating. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, I probably average four to five hours of sleep a night Monday-Thursday and awake in a chipper mood every day. You may just be sleeping too much. :-)

Comment

If the wife is so chipper, have her execute the ole rub n tug. I'm betting you wake up pretty happy about the day ahead.

Comment

Some folks are just "morning people". You seem to be living very healthy so I would not change a thing.

I am a morning person, I am wide awake and cracking jokes with the kids within a couple minutes of being awake.... My wife and kids are slow to get up... I am pretty sure they hate me in the morning... lol

I take after my mom, she was the same way. Wide awake from the moment her feet it the ground.

Comment

Ever thought about having a sleep study done?

Comment

Your just lazy.
                          And you over compensate for it.
                          So it takes awhile for your two brains to catch up to one another.
                          Do you feel the same way during deer season?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm the same way, and have been all my life, even during deer season. I overslept today and didn't make it to the gym, that makes 8 years in a row now

Comment

When my feet hit the floor, I'm as high as I'm gonna be all day. I go downhill every hour I'm awake until bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                              X