My Son Is Seven Months Sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Son Is Seven Months Sober

For several years my oldest son has been struggling with an addiction problem. He has been a believer in Jesus Christ from a young age but never really matured in his faith. Growing up things came easy for him excelling in sports, made decent grades without much effort and had lots of friends. During high school he began drinking and using marijuana. College didn't work out for him and he began using harder drugs and he was moving from job to job with brief periods of sobriety but would return to using and each time seemed to be worse than before.

Finally, on October 30, 2019 we gave him an ultimatum, he had to choose between having a relationship with me and the family or drugs but the two would no longer co-exist. If he chose drugs I would drop him off wherever he wanted and change the locks and he if he chose his family he would have to get help. Thankfully he chose his family and the next day he was at Innerfaith Disciple House in Conroe for a six month program which turned into seven months due to COVID-19 and he came home Saturday.

He realizes he cannot return to his old friends and must remain focused on what God's will is for his life. He feels that God may be calling him into the ministry to work with others in recovery but doesn't really know what they may look like. He starts a new job Wednesday and while prayerfully considering what God would have him do. I am cautiously optimistic, there is a real change in him and he has obviously grown in his faith and understanding and there is a certain degree of humility and humbleness about him.

God has answered our prayers and I am excited to see what He has in store for him.

I am not going to pretend to understand addiction nor am I naive to think this is all over without any more effort on his part, but I do know that our God is mighty to save.

If you know of someone battling an addiction I highly recommend Innerfaith Disciple House, God is doing great things there.

I have never been one to share intimate personal details but what God has done in the life of my son is simply miraculous. If you or someone you know needs information about Innerfaith Disciple House feel free to contact me.

outstanding to hear this!

Comment

Great to hear. That's awesome. I am glad he's blessed with a family support system.
      Last edited by Graysonhogs; 06-01-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

glad to hear about your son and prayers for each day ahead.

Comment

Great story, especially in these trying times. Congrats to your son for turning his life around. God is good, all the time.

Comment

That is an awesome testimony! Thanks for sharing with tbh family

Comment

Congrats & Prayers up for the Family.

Comment

Great to hear this positive story for your son & family. God bless

Comment

Congrats to you and him.

Comment

Congrats to you and him. I know i has to be tough for both of you.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

This is great news. I pray that he is successful in his recovery and that his relationship with the family remains strong.

I pray for strength, patience and wisdom for you as well.

Comment

prayers for your son's daily soberity and for your family's strength through this process...

Comment

Glad to hear this!

Comment

Working...
                              X