Unemployment payments....crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
    Please make sure to notify Texas Workforce Commission that you offered the job and it was turned down. She is no longer eligible to receive any unemployment benefits. Both the regular and extra $600.
    Thats good to know.

Comment

Please make sure to notify Texas Workforce Commission that you offered the job and it was turned down. She is no longer eligible to receive any unemployment benefits. Both the regular and extra $600.

This for sure. People like that need to be made an example of. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My son inlaw has a shop in the mall and he can't get his employees to come back to work because they are making so much more staying at home.

Comment

Comment

I have a feeling this was planned all along so once they yank this benefit all the people that were on the fence or had weak moral beliefs will start voting democrat since they are the party of free stuff.

Comment

ive done this very thing to 3 people that have done me this way. They were good, competent and, I thought, loyal employees......now I simply say **** 'em

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                I have a feeling this was planned all along so once they yank this benefit all the people that were on the fence or had weak moral beliefs will start voting democrat since they are the party of free stuff.
                I fully expected an extension to come up and republicans to not vote no as it's too close to elections.

Comment

Maybe they can just pay all of us to not work, then we'll all be happy and can buy our own unicorns.

Comment

My wife was told last week the her position had been eliminated. A coworker and their boss were let go as well. The unemployment will help but since our insurance was through her work we lost it as well. We could keep it for $2k per month. No thanks. The extra $600 will certainly help but will be no where near what she was making plus we will need to get an insurance plan we can afford. All of this is a direct result of how the government handled the COVID situation. Hoping she can find a similar position with a different company soon but right now more companies are downsizing vs. hiring.

Comment

Once we started informing people we would report their refusal to return to TWC, which would make them ineligible for benefits and those big checks would stop, our refusal rate dropped pretty significantly

Our biggest challenge now is employees that don't have child care due to summer camps and daycare centers not being open yet.

Comment

I got a buddy that's calling it the ronacation, he's not making more but at $1100 a week he's good. He is still providing quotes for us but not officially working.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                          Well it wasn’t done out of the goodness of their hearts because they’re just trying to help the little guy

Comment

Not to derail the thread but, curious why you are inputting his unemployment info and not him?

Comment

I’m trying to hire 3 positions at $14hr and it’s tough to find anyone willing to actually work for their paycheck. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                                Once we started informing people we would report their refusal to return to TWC, which would make them ineligible for benefits and those big checks would stop, our refusal rate dropped pretty significantly

Our biggest challenge now is employees that don't have child care due to summer camps and daycare centers not being open yet.

Child care centers were allowed to open under Phase 2. I suppose they could decide not to open but not sure how long that’s feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X