Nice Walker County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Walker County Buck

Got a few pics of this guy the other night. I cant tell if his right side grew that way or broke off. Has no brow tines either, but hes bigger than what we are used to seeing around here.
    Im going to low ball him and guess 2 1/2 to 3 YO (looks like a 4, maybe 5 point).

Will need to see him in person or get better pics of him to tell. Doubt he is 13" inside spread. But if that one side doesnt fork, i may let my nephew take a crack at him for his first deer ever.

Not legal in AR county in width or otherwise. Both sides clearly forked. I see a young buck. Bigger than what you are used to seeing? Wow, Walker county must have some problems, no offense.

Comment

Good luck! Bound to see more bucks closed to the rut.
      Last edited by HoustonHunter; 10-15-2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Good looking young deer,3 at most. Don't think he will make AR. Hope your season goes well!

Comment

Sorry Bloodstick, I didn't mean to be rude or crass with my comments. It's suprising to me that folks are unable to see better deer than this. Thus, the AR rules to protect them. Good luck, I hope you see the bull of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
            Sorry Bloodstick, I didn't mean to be rude or crass with my comments. It's suprising to me that folks are unable to see better deer than this. Thus, the AR rules to protect them. Good luck, I hope you see the bull of the woods.

No worries brother.
            I have neighbors to the north of me that literally shoot EVERYTHING, legal or not. GW hasn't done much about it unfortunately. So i get excited when new deer show up.

I know he is young, just couldnt tell if he was forked on his left side from the crappy pics i have. I remember this buck from last year. He was two pts on the right and a spike on the left with no brow tines. I just couldnt see shooting him even though it was legal. This year he added that crab claw on the right side and alot of tine length
            Like i mentioned above, i need more pics of him or to see him in person to better judge better.
            Im just excited because its literally my first sighting of any buck older than a 1 1/2 YO this season. They took forever splitting up from bachelor groups.

Since AR took effect in Walker co. Our herd has doubled in numbers, but we just have not seen the number of older deer we would expect. Lots of pressure in the immediate area.

Comment

This is a small piece of property that i live on. 50 acres.
              Its more or less just a quick getaway when u want to climb up on stand. When im serious after big bucks, i head to some family property in Uvalde and Kosse

Comment

Working...
              X