Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    You are brave shooting trad indoors.
    Na, just dumb enough not to worry about it....

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
      Na, just dumb enough not to worry about it....
      If I had to guess, I'd guess you are not married yet. That is a great group for such a high stress situation... (at least would be high stress for me.)

At 10 yards, after shooting a couple of weeks, I can group tightly inside a paper plate. That is, if I set up the paper plate, I can get a good 2-3" group inside of it. However, what I have not been able to do is consiently get that group in the middle of that paper plate. It might be high in the plate or low, left, or right. At that distance, I really can't use my point to accurately gap shoot using my anchor, so I really just have to feel it.

I've put a peice of tape on the plate, but I think I need to shrink my plate

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        If I had to guess, I'd guess you are not married yet. That is a great group for such a high stress situation... (at least would be high stress for me.)

At 10 yards, after shooting a couple of weeks, I can group tightly inside a paper plate. That is, if I set up the paper plate, I can get a good 2-3" group inside of it. However, what I have not been able to do is consiently get that group in the middle of that paper plate. It might be high in the plate or low, left, or right. At that distance, I really can't use my point to accurately gap shoot using my anchor, so I really just have to feel it.

I've put a peice of tape on the plate, but I think I need to shrink my plate
        So far, I think that gap shooting won't come into play until about 20 yds for me... Just let instincts take over

Comment

So far, I think that gap shooting won't come into play until about 20 yds for me... Just let instincts take over
          Yeah... some people have that... I was never good at pitching a baseball either... so for me I know it will take more time.

Very good shooting... I am envious!

Comment

Gap shooting just takes a little time to figure out your distances. I still struggle with close shots because I spend so much time at 20+ yds. At 10 yards I have to put the point near the knees of a 3d deer in order to hit the kill zone. It's hard for me to remember to aim that low and feels unnatural

Comment

Just 6 days until I can rough out my bow and get the handle/backing glued on.... This waiting is killing me!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing your finished product!

Comment

Counting the hours down until I can get started. As soon as I get home tomorrow night I'm going to rough out the measurements and glue on a riser! I'm hoping to use some leftover mesquite from last years haul... But if that doesn't pan out, I'll go with pine.

Comment

Counting the hours down until I can get started. As soon as I get home tomorrow night I'm going to rough out the measurements and glue on a riser! I'm hoping to use some leftover mesquite from last years haul... But if that doesn't pan out, I'll go with pine.
                    Good luck.

Comment

you can back the bow with deerhide...and then camo it..like this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                        you can back the bow with deerhide...and then camo it..like this.
                        That is freakin awesome!

Comment

When will I see some pics of a bow? I. Suggest 69" long 13/4 " wide at fade and 11/2 at med limb and 3/8 at tips.

Comment

COOL! My buddy has made a few bows some long and some recurve with PVC he made the strings for one of them with spiderwire fishing line. They hae more power than I'd have guessed. Look pretty sweet too

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                              When will I see some pics of a bow? I. Suggest 69" long 13/4 " wide at fade and 11/2 at med limb and 3/8 at tips.
                              You will get some pics tonight after I rough out the measurements and get the handle glued!! Geez, I'm doing the best I can with what I've got...

Comment

take your time...impatience is ONE enemy to building a good bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X