Hitting left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitting left?

Well after many years of on again off again trying to shoot traditional I THINK I'm getting it figured out. I've been shooting very consistently for maybe 5 or 6 weeks. My question is I tend to hit a little left of where Im looking. Just wondering if I could adjust something in my setup to correct it. Im right handed and shoot 3 under. Thanks Mike

Aim a little to the right? [emoji12]
    Are you over drawing a little? If I over draw I hit left.

Gary

Comment

Arrows might be too stiff increase point weight see if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a couple of bare shafts the same as your fletched?

If so, go shoot them with the fletched arrows from about 10 yards, and tell us how they compare.

There are several things, than can cause you to shoot left, a couple in particular.
        Knowing how your bare shafts, and fletched shafts shoot in comparison to each other can help to nail down the problem a lot quicker, and more accurately.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
          Got a couple of bare shafts the same as your fletched?

If so, go shoot them with the fletched arrows from about 10 yards, and tell us how they compare.

There are several things, than can cause you to shoot left, a couple in particular.
          Knowing how your bare shafts, and fletched shafts shoot in comparison to each other can help to nail down the problem a lot quicker, and more accurately.

Rick

I'll strip one down next chance I get. I have some Simmons broadheads when I put one on a couple of inches turns into
          6 inches if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2 View Post
            I'll strip one down next chance I get. I have some Simmons broadheads when I put one on a couple of inches turns into
            6 inches if that helps.
            If you can, strip two down.
            Shoot to the two bare shafts with two fletched.
            Do it several times, or at least enough to see if a pattern emerges.

Don't do it with broadheads. Target/field point only.

Rick

Comment

Just aim right and you’re good

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                  I'd rather set it up o hit where I'm looking. In the heat of the moment I might forget.

Comment

Me too ! A little left, a little right, a little up, a little down...............

Comment

It happens to me a lot and when it does I find that I’m not getting a string blurr. In other words my anchor is not tight to my face and the arrow is not directly under my eye. This points the arrow tip slightly to the left. Also could be too stiff spine or not maintaining back tension and collapsing slightly. This helps me, hope it works for you.

Comment

I had similar happen on a particular bow using carbon arrows, I found that going from 100 grain points to 125 grain brought it dead on- might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          Me too ! A little left, a little right, a little up, a little down...............
                          Me three!

Comment

I shoot a lil left when i dont cant my bow enough to the right

Comment

Arrow overspined is the likely culprit. If it’s only little left, you may get away with raising your brace height a tad. If you started out good but have been creeping left, brace is definitely the culprit. Just for a quick check, I’ll shoot one bare shaft down range and watch it’s flight. If it try’s to fly somewhat side ways with the nock to the right, your likely way stiff. Bare shaft group tuning is kinda my fine tune, one shafts flight lets me know if I’m even in the ball park. I don’t have good enough form to get too nasty with tuning, if I can get broadheads hitting the same as field points at twenty yards I call it good.

Comment

Working...
                              X