No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Storm! Your gonna like that short ATA the CX has. I've got the Intercept Supercoil a couple years ago. Has similar ATA. It came with "their" Deluxe scope. It's not a bad scope. Adjustable lighted Red or green, or black (with light off) circle-dot reticals that are pre calibrated for distance. But been looking at other scopes. I'd rather have lighted crosshairs than circles.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-02-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      I got a call from Bass Pro today the crossbow I had a rain check on finally came in. I haven't had to adjust the scope yet so it's ready to hunt now. It's a Carbon express x-force , not as Harvey as my Bear or as wide and has a better scope on it. My son said he'd use it but only after he gets something with his bow. My wife wants it!
      New rule for 17-18 season no crossbows.. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CARLOCK View Post
        New rule for 17-18 season no crossbows.. lol

I second it, makes it official right?

Comment

Originally posted by WhitneyLakerat View Post

I second it, makes it official right?

If i made rules it would be that way jmo.. i have found way to many dead deer over the last couple yrs with bolts in them.. i have a good collection of bolts going...

Comment

If i made rules it would be that way jmo.. i have found way to many dead deer over the last couple yrs with bolts in them.. i have a good collection of bolts going...

If ya got any CX bolts, or Black Eagle, I might be interested buying them, if in good condition. Or save your arras and just get a x-bow to shoot the bolts with.

I've got a ton of arras I've found over the years. Been saving them. They make excellent props for my mator plants in my garden . I just like to hunt. Don't mater what, or what with. Could be a slingshot after grass hoppers for fish bait, and I'd still have fun.

It's really all about "the hunt".
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-03-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Not a fan of them either, IMO if your not disabled you should use a bow.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac19 View Post
                Not a fan of them either, IMO if your not disabled you should use a bow.
                I use what I want to shoot and I use them all be it pistol,rifle, bow or crossbow they can all be a challenge and each at enjoyable in their own way.

Comment

I got a chance to look at these up close in person at the TTHA show this year. It has a 20" ATA and split riser with shoot through riser. They have one even shorter than this at 18" ATA. And an even shorter one for bow fishing at 15". Put a Whisker Biscuit on it and it can be shot sideways (as most bows can with a WB). Add a draw-lock. And where do we "draw" the line? (pun intended). They also make a Xbow that has a split body. No matter how the arrow is released, archery equipment has come a very long way with technology, since the first stick and string.

I think what the X-bow did for hunting was get more people out in the woods. Lord knows as hunters, we need more people out there. As for bad shots, it's a piece of equipment (just like any other) that needs to be practiced with, trained with. Whether it be Xbows, real bows (traditional), compound bows, guns, sports cars, welding equipment, football equipment, or fitness equipment, I see all types of people buy things of all types and never spend time training or practicing with it to be the most efficient they can be. Most of life is a learning lesson. Most of us here have been starters of course. And there is only one way to get better. That's to learn. And learning takes mistakes. We've all made them. I spent 8 years bow-hunting before I made my first kill. Times were a lot tougher then. And I had no one to show me the way in archery. But I have learned some very valuable lessons along the way. Some of the most important are about people. And not equipment. People have limitations. Some are not as limited as others. We all have been blessed with different blessings. It was a Xbow for $25 that got me in the woods back in 1978 bow hunting in a state where it was legal. I moved back to Texas in 1981. And I picked up a Bear Kodiak 55lb to hunt with in 1983. Cause that was all I had and could afford. But it got me back out in the woods. I remember when one of my buddies had just bought a wheelie bow, a Martin Lynx with a wood riser. It was fast and much more accurate. But I continued to shoot off my back porch out to 55 yards with the old Bear bow till I got distracted by duck hunting. I eventually found an old 1978 Indian wheelie bow at a garage sale that I bought for $35 from a Ft. Worth police officer back in 1990. It is a short light bow. And has hangers for the round wheels that load up the steel cable. The riser is made of injected molded plastic. I still have that bow today. And shoot it once each season to remind me where I have come from. And not to take life for granted. That not everybody is built the same. Or has the same opportunities in life. There are some that never get to get out for lack of equipment. Or someone to show them the ropes.

And if you want to know what hand shock is, I'd gladly let anyone shoot that old Indian.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-03-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Thats one funky lookin bow. Finally got my new permit. Maybe i will get to hunt this year. Was thinking of hitting whitney tomorrow morning for a shot at some dove. Mike you been to the dove spot this year?

Comment

Haven't been out yet. Been working on my smoker a little for the last 2 days, when I can. And between house chores. The pup has been begging me to go. But I have other things I need to do tomorrow while I got the time off.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Felt something in my shoe under my heal. So took my shoe off. Only nothing fell out. Then I noticed something sticking up through the inside. No wonder my heal was uncomfortable.

Stuck all the way through my shoe sole.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                        Attached Files

Comment

CARLOCK have you talked to Kenny lately, if so have him call or text me.

Comment

Storm, which Kenny? There are several on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                              CARLOCK have you talked to Kenny lately, if so have him call or text me.
                              I see him sometimes next time i see him ill let him know that they dont allow xbows this yr. And to call u to confirm... lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Storm, which Kenny? There are several on here.
                                Kennyb

Comment

Working...
                                X