FOC Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOC Experts

Trying to build good arrows. Right now I am working with 7595/340 Gold Tip XT Hunters. I have a 30” draw and 70# bow. Thinking about adding weighted inserts and 125 grain broadheads. If anyone can point me to the right direction it is appreciated.
    Last edited by Edward F; 12-13-2020, 06:22 PM.

You’ll need at least a .300 spine arrow. Not much room to go any heavier than 125 grain points without inserts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
      You’ll need at least a .300 spine arrow. Not much room to go any heavier than 125 grain points without inserts

I don’t mind selling my arrows and starting from scratch I just need to know what to buy. I want to do long range hunting and short range hunting. Game from Hogs to Nilgai.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
        I don’t mind selling my arrows and starting from scratch I just need to know what to buy. I want to do long range hunting and short range hunting. Game from Hogs to Nilgai.

Do you have an ideal speed/weight range? If you’re shooting 70# at a 30” DL. I’d go with a .260 spine axis, 50 grain insert and 100 grain field point at 30.5”. That would probably work perfect for your set up. I shoot it at 31” dl and it’s a hair weak so I have to set my bow around 67lbs. You could probably go to 30” arrows carbon to carbon and be perfectly spined

Comment

Do you have an ideal speed/weight range? If you’re shooting 70# at a 30” DL. I’d go with a .260 spine axis, 50 grain insert and 100 grain field point at 30.5”. That would probably work perfect for your set up. I shoot it at 31” dl and it’s a hair weak so I have to set my bow around 67lbs. You could probably go to 30” arrows carbon to carbon and be perfectly spined

No I don’t. Want just an expert to tell me what to do. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
            No I don’t. Want just an expert to tell me what to do. [emoji1787]

Lol do that. Easton axis .260 spine, 50 grain brass inserts and 100 grain field points. Have them cut 30” from cut to cut, and idk what broadhead you shoot but my arrows really do well with a four fletch either in Max stealth vanes or something of equal length with a helical fletch. The four fletch max stealth really drive fixed blades and mechanicals well. Should come out somewhere around 550 grains

Comment

If you want higher FOC than that, do the exact same specs with an easton hexx 260 spine. That will have more FOC and lighter overall weight, probably somewhere around 480.

Comment

Send muddyfuzzy a pm. Easiest thing to do

Comment

I have a similar set up as yours, I have Easton Hexx 260 spine with 75 grain Inserts and 125 grain VPA 3 blade. I believe they are around 19 percent FOC with Razor feathers. I believe they are running around 500 grain total arrow weight.

Comment

Originally posted by IbeHuntn View Post
                    I have a similar set up as yours, I have Easton Hexx 260 spine with 75 grain Inserts and 125 grain VPA 3 blade. I believe they are around 19 percent FOC with Razor feathers. I believe they are running around 500 grain total arrow weight.

Wish I could run that set up honestly. Need a stiffer spine but can’t find one that’s less than 10 gpi and still a half decent arrow quality wise

Comment

Wish I could run that set up honestly. Need a stiffer spine but can’t find one that’s less than 10 gpi and still a half decent arrow quality wise

I think the Hexx is 9.3 GPI and .001 straightness.

Comment

Are Gold Tip arrows made in the USA?

Comment

I went with .250 Black Eagle Spartans

Comment

Muddyfuzzy will fix you up

Comment

Originally posted by IbeHuntn View Post
                              I think the Hexx is 9.3 GPI and .001 straightness.

For 260 spine. Need something more along the lines of 240

Comment

Working...
                              X