# of arrows you practice with??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
    Same for me! You only get one shot on an animal most times and one shot at a 3D target. You have to make it count
    Same here. If you can’t “group” 1 you missed your animal or made a bad shot!

Comment

sets of 3.

Comment

I shoot three! I usually stick 1 at five yards,1 at 10yds,1 at 15yds,then shoot them,Then i move them 5 yds back.
        1 at 10yds,1 at 15yds,and 1 at 20 yds.I'll do this till i get back to 25 yds,I consider this one round! 25yds is far as i can shoot in my yard. I'll shoot at least 4-5 rounds,depending how much time i have before it gets dark.
        Ernie

Comment

I have 3 for practice. I normally shoot 2 with field points generally. The 3rd arrow has a broadhead and it gets shot occasionally to make sure we are in tune

Comment

I only shoot one arrow at a time. Seems to give time to digest what went right or wrong while I am walking to and from the target.

Comment

I use three, but if you are shooting one at longer distances you can get a good workout in walking back and forth.

Comment

Sometimes it depends on how many beers in I am . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Was using 4 but switched to 3.

Comment

Sometimes you dont get much time to draw and release. You need to practice enough to where it comes naturally.

Comment

One

Comment

I grew up shooting NFAA Field so we shot 4 arrows at each target
                        for years i always practiced with 4
                        when I got out of the Army Viking Archery opened on my side of Houston and they had a 20yd indoor range.
                        We shot the blue faced PAA target for league competition - 5 arrows
                        so from 72 on I started practicing with 5 arrows at home,
                        even if I was going to go shoot an outdoor field round for the next shoot.
                        Through all the years I shot in competition I normally practiced at night with my Coleman lantern, with a flounder reflector on it.
                        It really helps you focus on the spot = tunnel vision
                        I made myself practice at least 100 arrows everyday for 25 years.
                        I very seldom didn't get in my nightly practice arrows.
                        and at home i practice from the door of my utility room - 30 yards because there was a light over my right shoulder next to the door.
                        this has been my practice range since 1960
                        Attached Files

Comment

..also to know about my practice target
                          It represents my granddad's rule of the 9" paper plate
                          he was the manager of our hunting lease
                          and he had a rule that regardless of what weapon you were using
                          you had to be able to keep all of your shots - no flyers
                          inside of a 9"in paper plate - he tested everyone
                          scoped rifle, rifle w/open sights, shotgun, pistol, or bow
                          you kept stepping forward until you didn't miss the paper plate
                          we had one tree that really took a beating
                          the reason for the rule is if you can keep every shot in the 9" paper plate
                          then you probably had a lung shot.
                          and if you could keep it in the 4" spot you probably had a heart shot

when I was competing in Freestyle i just put a little square of tape in the middle of the 4" heart spot
                          Attached Files

Comment

.btw...
                            in the pics above i'm shooting my 1972 prototype Wing Compound
                            built from a Wing C-II competition recurve.
                            a couple of years ago I gave the bow to John Ford
                            who I grew up with in Buffalo Field Archery Club.
                            John took it apart, repainted it black
                            and Mike Palmer, also from BFAC,
                            gave him a set of limbs that Mike had built a couple of years ago for State,
                            and John fitted them on my old Wing riser.
                            Mike, John & I grew up shooting Wings.
                            our all time favorite Wing grip was the C-II grip.
                            and 49 years later the Wing is reborn
                            Attached Files

Comment

Is that a Palmer getting lit up by the Coleman? Good groups btw..

Comment

actually it's a 1990 'Partners' when Mike and Bob were building a bow together for a few months. before Mike went his way, and Bob & Rob went their way. technically it's really an original Palmer. 45#@28"
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X