What brand of bow do yall recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
    The only bows with real soul are SELFBOWS!!!! Ha ha ha ha shoot what you like and have fun! Arvin
    Awesome advice. I am going to be like others I am partial to the bows I make for myself. In all seriousness go out and shoot as many different ones as you can find and you will find the one that call outs to you.
    Here is one I made for myself.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
      Black Hunter!
      This !!! I have a closet full of Bears, Wings and Pearsons but this cheapo is by far the sweetest but toughest bow I own. Both of them!! Only bow I shoot any more.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

What brand of bow do yall recommend?

I have had good luck with Stalker, posiondart, and am just getting started but really liking heartland bowyer's bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man that Heartland looks sweet!

I say the bow ya got in your hand at the moment LOL partial to Black Widow and Tall Tines myself, but don’t have either at the moment. Do have a new Toelke that should be here tomorrow! [emoji41]

Comment

Great looking bows, I bought a compound a few weeks ago so I don’t plan on using my recurve much. Going for more speed now

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
              Bows are like cars and women, everyone likes something a bit different.

I repectfully disagree. Most folks will happily let you handle thier bow, shoot a few arrows, and essentially let you test drive it around the block to see if you like what they like.

So yeah, trad bows are so not like women and cars... I know of no guy that will let a stranger date thier girlfriend/wife or hand over the keys to thier custom car.

I shot about a dozen different bows at 3d shoots, etc owned by several folks on here when I mentioned I was shopping for my first high end bow. Lots of those bows were some seriously expensive and nice bows.
              Last edited by SwampRabbit; 02-13-2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

The answer is always Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                  The answer is always Bob Lee

Sometimes!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

another vote for Samick Sage or similar:
                    1. Start with lower weight than you think you can use, buy 25-30# bow, get good form going (~$150)
                    2. Buy another set of limbs when you want to move up (~$60)
                    3. If later you still LOVE trad, buy a nicer bow. For that long term bow, my recommendation is buy one piece or "fixed geometry" takedown- I do not recommend ILF to start on, too many things that are uncertain/adjustable, leads to complications. Bear Takedown or similar limbs that fit in in ONE way.

My experience with ILF is not great. I have had limbs that were not straight, so I adjust LLA to hide it- then could never get the darn thing to shoot well. Other issues as well.... remove the complexity, pay a few $$ more to reduce risk. I did not realize how bad it was affecting me until I got an old bear takedown and overnight my groupings reduced in size by HALF or better. Started breaking nocks, had to move my distance out. Now I only worry about getting the right spine arrows, good fletching, proper string length, etc. Still too much to track, but vastly more managable.

Comment

I’m partial to bows of my own making

Comment

i make my own bows ..but im seriously considering the black hunter... every review ive read or watched is good and that says something to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                          I’m partial to bows of my own making
                          I'm partial to bows of his making too![emoji16]

Gary

Comment

Started recurve in the 70's (Bear beauty), than compound, than injury, nothing for 20 years, recent crossbow. Now have a compound set low lbs shoots so accurate. Wow what happened over the years. Awesome new stuff. Back to excitied again and I am an instinct shooter so another recurve sound so good. Wife is even interested so more good stuff. I am reading comments. I am like a newcomer with ancient product know how (like me) experience. learning. Keep the info coming.

Comment

I know guys who could beat most with a stick they found and put a string on it. Brand don’t matter. Get a bow to your liking and get after it.

Comment

Sage or black Hunter. I've shot many bows from bear, Martin and several high dollar customs. I shoot a sage currently....by choice. It's a good bow. Get some 35# limbs to learn and move up in weight to hunt wherever your ready. I have 35 and 50# limbs for mine.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X