Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOC vs Momentum vs Trajectory - Which to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28"

Comment

Either, all you need is to work on the loose nut behind the string to insure accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
        This is what intrigues me about this combo. I had a big bull come into a bugle one year and the situation still haunts me. We bugled and weren't setup correctly and the bull came rushing in and stopped broadside at and undetermined yardage. I drew back and asked my buddy to range him but neither of us could move. I had him guessed at 50 yards and my buddy guessed 60. Before we could move he blew out of there. This was all in a matter of 10 seconds. We later ranged the spot at 53yds and in hindsight I should have shot. A flatter trajectory would have benefitted and narrower pin gap would have given me more confidence to take that shot.

The other part of me says stick with the 540s as a less than perfect shot would have benefitted from the mass.

It is a bit of over analysis but I want one arrow for the life of the bow. I want to get the flattest trajectory for deer sized animals but have the mass and FOC for a tensed up slightly quartering bugling bull.
        415gr .57momentum 17foc
        Passtru 60 yard mulie(quartering away)
        Passtru 75 yard mulie
        Passtru 50 yard elk (severe quartering away)
        Passtru 60 yard pronghorn

Ulmer edge broad head and solids

Don't over think it.

Comment

Working...
        X