Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump wants people on welfare to work? The nerve!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump wants people on welfare to work? The nerve!

President Trump kicked off a new battle with Congress on Monday by releasing his fiscal 2020 budget plan seeking billions more in funding for a border wall and controversial work requirements for Americans collecting a variety of welfare benefits.

Yes, it's FOX news and it's my homepage so there. God forbid people on welfare should actually have to make an iota of effort to have a job...and for anyone saying that jobs aren't available, I need 10-15 people right now and can't get a person of half-*** intelligence or decency to walk through the door...

That's racist

Tell me about your job openings?

Comment

I have always wondered why they give folks money for doing nothing.
      Seems like they would have them cleaning up parks or something

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        That's racist

Tell me about your job openings?
        We've got some openings that run the gamut of our shop.

Mico Machine is a manufacturer of precision components for a wide range of industries, including aerospace, petroleum, and processing.

CNC mill/lathe operator (nights would be best but days as well)
        Manual mill operator (nights would be best but days as well)
        Chem film/Anodize line assistant
        Paint room assistant

Overtime as needed (plenty right now), 401K, insurance, etc.

Hell, the whole shop is for sale for the right price

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
          Tons of work out there and everyone I know or talk to is having a helluva time trying to find anyone that's even willing to give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
            Refinery operators ain't all that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ts-for-welfare

Yes, it's FOX news and it's my homepage so there. God forbid people on welfare should actually have to make an iota of effort to have a job...and for anyone saying that jobs aren't available, I need 10-15 people right now and can't get a person of half-*** intelligence or decency to walk through the door...
              Yep, unfortunately there is an entire segment of our population that thinks they are to good to do hard work to earn a check. Percentage wise, there are very few that truly need welfare. There are a bunch that like collecting a check while making an illegal career(drug dealers, etc.). There are plenty that are collecting a check while working cash only jobs. There are plenty that are collecting a check as a single mom, when in fact, they have a significant other living with them and paying the bills. The list of people gaming the system just goes on and on.

Comment

Mandatory drug test should also be a requirement to collect a welfare check.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                  Yep..If I have to pass a drug test to work, those collecting Welfare checks should have to pass one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Refinery operators ain't all that bad!
                    Lmao. Hey , watching movies and playing video games is still doing SOMETHING.

Comment

I'm worried if Lone Star card money gets cut the cost of a roach coach breakfast burrito will skyrocket. If you have to pay for your ingredients the profit has to be made up somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                        I agree, but I wonder how much that will cost to execute all that will go into that ...and support it?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Yep, unfortunately there is an entire segment of our population that thinks they are to good to do hard work to earn a check. Percentage wise, there are very few that truly need welfare. There are a bunch that like collecting a check while making an illegal career(drug dealers, etc.). There are plenty that are collecting a check while working cash only jobs. There are plenty that are collecting a check as a single mom, when in fact, they have a significant other living with them and paying the bills. The list of people gaming the system just goes on and on.
                          yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            I agree, but I wonder how much that will cost to execute all that will go into that ...and support it?
                            Who care's, I bet it would be a whole lot cheaper then paying the welfare folks on drugs and would eventually work it self out.

Comment

Originally posted by captaindave View Post
                              mandatory drug test should also be a requirement to collect a welfare check.
                              x1000000000000

Comment

Working...
                              X