Man kills mountain lion with bare hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man kills mountain lion with bare hands

Wife sent m this. Guy killed a cougar with his bare hands.

"In the event of a lion attack, you need to do anything in your power to fight back, just as this gentleman did," a state wildlife official said.

Runner kills mountain lion that attacked him on Colorado trail
    "In the event of a lion attack, you need to do anything in your power to fight back, just as this gentleman did," a state wildlife official said.
    A mountain lion in a 2015 National Park Service photo.
    A mountain lion in a 2015 National Park Service photo.National Park Service via AP
    Feb. 4, 2019, 11:45 PM CST
    By Alex Johnson

[/QUOTE]A trail runner fought off and killed a mountain lion in self-defense in northern Colorado on Monday, state officials said.

The runner, who wasn't identified, was attacked on the West Ridge Trail at Horsetooth Mountain Open Space in Larimer County near Fort Collins, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, or CPW, said in a statement.

Authorities didn't say how the runner managed to kill the mountain lion, which they described as a "juvenile." They said the lion lunged at the runner, biting his face and wrist and causing serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
    Recommended[QUOTE]

I like the pic of the AFRICAN lion with the story. Stupid media.....

Comment

so which one is it?

did he kill it with his bare hands or do they not know how the runner killed it as stated in the article?

Comment

Smells like bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
          so which one is it?

did he kill it with his bare hands or do they not know how the runner killed it as stated in the article?
          They did not say how he killed it!

Comment

Mountain Lion dies from feces related bacterial infection.

Comment

That's a Good one!

Comment

Yea, something isn’t adding up with this story...

Comment

What the heck did that guy have if biting him could kill a Mountain Lion?

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                    I like the pic of the AFRICAN lion with the story. Stupid media.....
                    We must be looking at different pics. Either way, I’d like to see that happen

Comment

No BS. here's the link to the story.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/02/0...arimer-county/

Comment

They said "juvenile", but an 80lb wild cat trying to eat you ain't no fun. Glad he was tough enough to come out on top.

Comment

"It’s unclear whether the runner — who has not yet been identified publicly — strangled or smothered the mountain lion. He had no weapons, so he killed the cat with his bare, bleeding hands after climbing on top of the animal, state wildlife officials said."

Comment

I heard Buck Medley was in the area.....

Comment

I sure hope he get that thing mounted ! That would make a heck of a conversation starter when people came over ! But I'm sure the State Wildlife Police will want to autopsy it to see what led it to attack the fella...

Comment

Working...
                              X