Classifieds PSA and request..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    What if I told you I've bought stuff from ads that were on page 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.... ? When I don't have to waste time looking through threads with multiple items listed, I have more time to go through more pages of the Classifieds looking for the 1 thing that I'm interested in. And sometimes I use the Search feature to search thread titles in the Classifieds.
    You do know he’s not giving you the last word, don’t you?

Comment

I prefer 1 item per thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't forget the "I'm interested. Send me a PM" posts.

Is the seller supposed to send you a PM that says "so I heard you were interested"? bizarre

Comment

What if I told you I've bought stuff from ads that were on page 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.... ? When I don't have to waste time looking through threads with multiple items listed, I have more time to go through more pages of the Classifieds looking for the 1 thing that I'm interested in. And sometimes I use the Search feature to search thread titles in the Classifieds.

I’d say you are FOC[emoji23][emoji23]. But nice attempt..[emoji23]
          Last edited by Smart; 03-05-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

The difference is I am looking at this in the interest of ALL the sellers and being able to increase their exposures on the front page because many folks scroll the new items on the front and leave... come back scroll the new items on the front and leave.... over and over. And I don’t post many ads
            So it’s not just about me.

Now if I was interested in only my own selfish wants as a buyer like you, I might have a different take. But I doubt it ...

As a seller and a buyer it’s so much easier to keep up with one thread.
            Last edited by Smart; 03-05-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

How about the "man, that's a great deal" post.

Well why in the cornbread hell don't you buy it then? Otherwise shut your cornbread hell mouth.

Comment

Why can you find an add in the classifieds from 2006 but if someone has a thread in the other side of the ranch it’s knocked off in a week?

Comment

There are advantages and disadvantages of single vs. multiple. Why doesn't the edit function and a rating system be enabled and fix a lot of things? I've never heard the disadvantages of this discussed or why this doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post
                    There are advantages and disadvantages of single vs. multiple. Why doesn't the edit function and a rating system be enabled and fix a lot of things? I've never heard the disadvantages of this discussed or why this doesn't happen.

To quote you, there are advantages and disadvantages of the edit and ratings system.

They’ve been discussed plenty.... especially the ratings system . Search function will lead you to it if they haven’t been deleted.

Comment

As a seller it's pretty easy to add a list updating the items sold and still available keeping things organized in 1 thread.
                      1. Knife Sold
                      2. Big knife Sold
                      3.Camo Undies Sold

Still available...
                      Carebear collection
                      VCR
                      Harbor Freight Ext Warranty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are selling something that needs to be picked up post your location in the subject line. I’m not likely to drive 600 miles each way for a burned out smoker or reloading supplies.

I would like to see a separate classified section for those who post items they sell on a routine basis.

Every firearm posted on here is a “custom”. IMO a custom is a trued action with a quality barrel fitted by a gunsmith. Some kitchen table gunsmithing to mount the scope, replace the trigger or stock is not a custom.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Oh and I swear every "Deal alert" thread in the classifieds is 99% guaranteed to be about off the shelf retail price.

Oh and that reminds me of all the ads a few weeks after a real "deal alert" thread selling the item at normal retail after buying 10 of them half off after seeing the real deal alert thread in the campfire. There was on a few months ago selling an M&P Shield for full price after he got the rebate I'm sure and claiming he bought the wrong gun. EL OH EL
                          Yea those Walmart weatherby rifles come to mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            To quote you, there are advantages and disadvantages of the edit and ratings system.

They’ve been discussed plenty.... especially the ratings system . Search function will lead you to it if they haven’t been deleted.
                            Ratings system should be used. If a person doesn’t want a bad rating, don’t screw people over

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Search found a bunch of people saying rating system was a good idea. Still didn't see a disadvantage. I did find where it was on the agenda 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                                As a seller it's pretty easy to add a list updating the items sold and still available keeping things organized in 1 thread.
                                1. Knife Sold
                                2. Big knife Sold
                                3.Camo Undies Sold

Still available...
                                Carebear collection
                                VCR
                                Harbor Freight Ext Warranty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                This is a good idea for the seller to keep a running list when bumping thread so a buyer doesn't have to weed through 10 pages to see what has sold. It would be nice to be able to edit title so the buyer doesn't get his hopes up only to find that the camo underwear has already been sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X