conspiracy theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
    Pooey. Nobody uses it and everything happens on a computer. I learned it and can hardly write that way anymore. It's been twenty years since I last wrote in cursive.
    Do you print your name on checks you write?
    Maybe you only do electronic payments

How about if you had to sign any kind of contract? Print?

Just curious

I don't understand how youngsters are supposed to "sign" anything if they can't write in cursive but maybe there is a new way they are planning?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Just curious

I don't understand how youngsters are supposed to "sign" anything if they can't write in cursive but maybe there is a new way they are planning?

I sign a lot of contracts, as well as checks. Mostly it is just a squiggle. (I guess that is actually a word to describe it.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Just curious

You are only required to “make your mark” on a contract

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          They can google the constitution and see it in print.

Not when they (the government) shutdown the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            Cursive is being eliminated due to the typed word....computers.

Don't over think it.
            Yep. The bible was written in Hebrew. OP, do you speak, read or write Hebrew? Me either. But somehow, it's been translated into many different languages. I happen to read it in English.
            I'm pretty sure I can find a typed up copy of the Constitution to pass on to my kids before I die. If not, the have the Google machine and will work it out just fine on their own. It's not like the Constitution is some top secret document that's being hidden from society.

Comment

I still use it when I write a check. I guess I'm just old school.

Comment

LMAO...the dreaded cursive handwriting is gonna bring us down.

I’ll take S*** that will Never Happen for $500 Alex!

Comment

[emoji3][emoji23][emoji3]
                  nope

Comment

I think cursive writing should still be taught. If we keep on diminishing things like that, we are only dumbing down our children. We keep taking things like that away from them, while that seems minimal, where does the process end. (By the way I already know that I will get crucified for this.)

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                      A guy a work the other day mentioned this, and since then I have been thinking on it. I say its mainly bullsh. What do yall think?

His theory deals with the education system phasing out teaching cursive writing. He thinks the libs are eliminating teaching cursive writing because the constitution is written in cursive. In a few generations, very few people will be able to read cursive. If no one can read the original constitution, politicians will be able to not follow it.

this kind of got me to thinking about how many people use cursive on a daily basis. I never use it other than signing my name. I actually have to think about it when trying to use it.
                      Really you don't think they'll rerided in plane type?.
                      I'm only worried about how they going to sign anything.
                      he'll if you look it up on the internet it's not wrote in cursive anyway

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Somebody read this it's original.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

My granddaughter is learning cursive in school. As a matter of fact, she had a work sheet for cursive homework yesterday.

Comment

I hate to see cursive dying out.My mother treasured the letters I wrote in cursive and mailed home to her from Viet Nam till her dying day. I don't see a lot to treasure in an electronic text message.

Comment

I would be less worried about the fact they are eliminating cursive writing and a hell of a lot more worried about the fact that schools are forced to teach for standardized tests and are eliminating shop, music, and art type programs. All standard subjects you are told this happened, this is what science proves, this is how to do this, this is how things came to be and students don't know any different because that's what they are initially told from age 4 or 5 to 18. 4 to 18 are very important years of your mentally development and psyche. Kids are being fed a bunch or crap in their core classes and starved of class that teach them to question things and develop their own thoughts limiting cognitive development. While all those programs being eliminated would build cognitive thinking and the ability to think outside the box to come up with a true plausible solution that would work and question why things are and how to fix them and build something from nothing. School programs today seem to be cranking out more mindless zombies that wont look up from their ipads and laptops that are pumped full of social media and only know what their liberal teachers tell them and what the liberal school programs are being altered into and forcing teachers to teach. Kids today can't take simple theories, facts or even statistics and apply them to situations. Its like all you see from is "this city and state has been ran by the same people for 50 years things continue to get worse and go down the tube but man they sure talk smooth and facebook says they are cool and doing good RE-ELECT!" Like holy crap and rusted metal batman daaaaaaaang!
                              Last edited by DuramaxDude; 02-22-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

[emoji3][emoji23][emoji3]
                                Lmao! Now we can see why its being phased out
                                I'm liking the "r" in still and in it

Comment

Working...
                                X