Cool Bridge idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Bridge idea

A buddy of mine built this at his place and thought I would pass along. I will be doing a similar project next summer when it is dry again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	25071022

Name:	Bridge2.jpg
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	25071023

Name:	Bridge3.jpg
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	25071024

Name:	Bridge4.jpg
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	25071025

That looks real good!

Comment

nice!

Comment

How wide, how much weight will it support? Specs?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          How wide, how much weight will it support? Specs?
          Not real sure. He said it would support his ranger. I will ask him and report back.

Comment

How long will the timber supports hold up assuming that the area can hold water quite awhile in wet years?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
              How long will the timber supports hold up assuming that the area can hold water quite awhile in wet years?
              I had the same thought. I would guess many years but that being said I am going to use telephone poles for my upright post when I do mine.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                I had the same thought. I would guess many years but that being said I am going to use telephone poles for my upright post when I do mine.
                I think that is a good plan. I would feel a lot more comfortable using telephone poles. My thought is that it could give way with a heavier load before you even noticed the supports were in bad shape.

Comment

Yeah I am also going to use bigger cedar timbers for my cross ties. Not sure how he mounted his cross timbers to his up rights but I am going to build some U shape brackets to mount to the upright telephone post. That way I can lay the cross timber and bolt all the way through.

Comment

Pretty neat. I could use something like that to get ot one of my spots. Just needs to be about 300ft longer!!

Comment

Can you drive s real truck over it or just a ranger? We have some poles lying around and have been wanting a bridge over a creek.

Comment

I bet you could drive a truck across it. I would try it. It looks pretty solid to me.

Comment

I need one of those....

Comment

Working...
                          X