Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed

Going to look at and join an MLD 3 managed property this weekend. I really hope it's good because it's right next door to my camp at the lake lol. Guy who runs it says they been managing it MLD3 for 10 years I think. What questions should I ask, also your suppose to feed Protein during off season and corn during hunting season at every stand, and have food plot. The place I just left I planted several food plots on the hole lease just got a little ticked that come work day it was just me and my wife who showed up, and I was never reimbursed for seed, fertilizer, diesel, etc. Anyways what should I ask, and what protein do you recommend, also give me some food plot advise, ive been planting oats, red clover, and winter wheat. Planted turnips one year and they took over, could've had dump trucks full, had a little luck with field peas, but they normally get eaten before they start running.

Oh ya they only shoot 4.5 yr or older, except culls/spikes have to be 3.5 I think he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
      Going to look at and join an MLD 3 managed property this weekend. I really hope it's good because it's right next door to my camp at the lake lol. Guy who runs it says they been managing it MLD3 for 10 years I think. What questions should I ask, also your suppose to feed Protein during off season and corn during hunting season at every stand, and have food plot. The place I just left I planted several food plots on the hole lease just got a little ticked that come work day it was just me and my wife who showed up, and I was never reimbursed for seed, fertilizer, diesel, etc. Anyways what should I ask, and what protein do you recommend, also give me some food plot advise, ive been planting oats, red clover, and winter wheat. Planted turnips one year and they took over, could've had dump trucks full, had a little luck with field peas, but they normally get eaten before they start running.
      I would start by asking to see Trophy pix, age of what a Trophy is considered, score of what a Trophy is considered, what type of protein have they been feeding, who monitors if all feeders stay full and how long they have to fill when empty, ask how many hunters they go through each year or do the members stay from year to year, ask about driving rules, what distance from stand to stand and is it a year round lease for members only. I was on a place similar to this and we had some pretty funky rules in place that some members did not follow because they were bud's with the Lease Boss. We did kill a lot of deer though and had some bruisers come off of the place until the landowner started clearing all the Mesquite trees and doing Axis and Turkey Hunts in the off season so I bailed as soon as that started.
      Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut4540 View Post
        I would start by asking to see Trophy pix, age of what a Trophy is considered, score of what a Trophy is considered, what type of protein have they been feeding, who monitors if all feeders stay full and how long they have to fill when empty, ask how many hunters they go through each year or do the members stay from year to year, ask about driving rules, what distance from stand to stand and is it a year round lease for members only. I was on a place similar to this and we had some pretty funky rules in place that some members did not follow because they were bud's with the Lease Boss. We did kill a lot of deer though and had some bruisers come off of the place until the landowner started clearing all the Mesquite trees and doing Axis and Turkey Hunts in the off season so I bailed as soon as that started.
        Good Luck!
        Thanks that's some good questions, it's 3,000 acres, only 20 members I know that. Had a few people drop off cause timber company is raising prices.

Comment

Working...
        X