No announcement yet.

1st Bow Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have an idea on how much bracing would be needed for the stand legs? Using elevator brackets to raise this thing 4ft most likely.

Comment

Very nice! What type of paint did you use on the outside?

Comment

Originally posted by Sliver Slinger View Post
        Very nice! What type of paint did you use on the outside?
        Whoops exterior paint from Lowe’s. $10 for 2 gallons. Gave it 2 coats on top of the pre-primed smart sidepanels.

Comment

Looks nice. Doesn’t look like it has a pitch to it and you mentioned roll roofing. Question: what bracing do you have on top?

Edit: I see post 15. In for later pics

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            Looks nice. Doesn’t look like it has a pitch to it and you mentioned roll roofing. Question: what bracing do you have on top?

Edit: I see post 15. In for later pics
            It’s just a 2x3 frame and it’s framed about like the walls. I don’t have any cross bracing on the roof but the 2x3’s rest on top of the frame so it shouldn’t really sag. I’ve stood on the roof with the plywood up and it was fine. Look at the last picture in my 1st post. It shows the slope. It’s not much but it’s lidtsd about 2.5 inches higher in the front vs the back.
            Last edited by lilbradford; 06-22-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
              It’s just a 2x3 frame and it’s framed about like the walls. I don’t have any cross bracing on the roof but the 2x3’s rest on top of the frame so it shouldn’t really sag. I’ve stood on the roof with the plywood up and it was fine. Look at the last picture in my 1st post. It shows the slope. It’s not much but it’s lidtsd about 2.5 inches higher in the front vs the back.
              I see the pitch in this pic now...you should be fine. That said, I’d stop walking on that roof! [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I like it. Going to build on soon myself from a shipping crate. Not the ideal size but it will suit my needs for a bow blind.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  I see the pitch in this pic now...you should be fine. That said, I’d stop walking on that roof! [emoji23][emoji23]

I didn’t stay on it that long lol. I might end up bracing some going across the middle. Not sure it needs it though. Also using 19/32’s plywood

Comment

Anybody who has hunted out of a 6x6 or similar box blind. Do you hve any recommendations on shelf locations? I was thinking directly above the front windows.

Comment

In front but also put small angle shelves in the corner.

Comment

Nice build for sure!

Comment

Great job! I have been planning to build something similar. You gave me some good ideas.

Comment

Curious as to how much this cost you to build.

Comment

Smartside is the bomb. When Harvey hit a guy I know got his barn flooded. He had skinned the inside of the barn with smartside. He washed the mud off, and it was good to go. No warp, peel, or damage was noted. That blind should last a long time. I hope you have plenty help putting it up, it's gonna weigh a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                                Smartside is the bomb. When Harvey hit a guy I know got his barn flooded. He had skinned the inside of the barn with smartside. He washed the mud off, and it was good to go. No warp, peel, or damage was noted. That blind should last a long time. I hope you have plenty help putting it up, it's gonna weigh a ton.
                                I can put it up by myself. It’s in 6 pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X