Funeral question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funeral question

I know its not something we don't like to think about much, but when you go will you be buried or cremated?

I hate funerals and really don't want anyone looking at me when I'm gone, so I prefer cremation. My wife doesn't agree and has already bought funeral plots for both of us. She says the funeral is for the people who are still alive not the dead one. I told her she could just stick my ashes in there but she ain't going for it. So it looks like I will be getting buried anyway

When my mother in law died this past August, I was really surprised at how expensive funerals had gotten. It was almost $14,000 for the funeral not including the stone which will be another $4500. I would rather leave that money to my daughter.

Im claustrophobic. Dont put me in a box under ground

Comment

Cremation is definitely the cost effective way to go. My wife wants to be cremated and that is fine with me. Me personally I don’t really care. Cremation is fine with me.

Now as far as your wife not agreeing with you concerning it that is a total different issue. It is your decision not hers

Comment

i'll be cremated. i'll have them dump me somewhere nice when they're done. that way if my family wants to come see me, they can go somewhere nice, not a cemetery.

Comment

I'm like you. I hate funerals and viewings. I don't go to them unless its family. I don't want a lot of people having to come look at my dead body either. Just bury me, and go have a party or something where they can talk with friends, and remember me in good spirits. Funerals are too depressing.

Comment

My dad was cremated per his wishes. We kids felt we didn’t get a sense of closure in his death.
            My step dad just passed away last month and was given a funeral. The 2 emotions I felt with the two different methods were extremely different than the other.

Comment

My wish is to be cremated and my ashes dumped into a feeder and spun out with the corn.

Comment

Use to always plan on being buried, but I'm not sure anymore. I guess it doesn't matter either way.

Comment

Burn me!!!! Mix in some gunpowder and put me in reloads and shot me. Love the smell of burnt powder. Mix me some stink bait and take me fishin. And what’s left let the wind blow me over the hill country among some old oaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The older you get the easier it is to discuss. My wife and I have both decide to be cremated, however the question remains ..... what to do with the ashes!

Neither of us want to be put in a box under ground. We have lived in a lot of cities & states so where to call home. My wife wants her ashes spread in the ocean off California as for me ... since i spent time in the Navy the ocean would be fine.

My parents are buried in Missouri, my wife's parents are buried in Kentucky. We don't visit their graves as we carry their memory in our hearts! Hope my children will choose to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                      Cremation is definitely the cost effective way to go. My wife wants to be cremated and that is fine with me. Me personally I don’t really care. Cremation is fine with me.

Now as far as your wife not agreeing with you concerning it that is a total different issue. It is your decision not hers
                      X2

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        My wish is to be cremated and my ashes dumped into a feeder and spun out with the corn.

Be my luck I would clog the feeder.

Comment

man I'm with you.....a funeral is a huge waste of money.

My parents spent a bunch of cash on mausoleum slots and then we ended up having an immediate funeral, still with embalming involved, for my mom.

Dad was cremated and the tiny urn was placed in the casket sized space he had purchased.

I'll be cremated and tossed out with the corn and the pea gravel.

Comment

Just went through some of the same issues with my dad and step mom.
                            He wanted to be cremated. He never said why, but insisted on it. SM told him that it wasn't happening. Dad talked to their priest, and he promised him that he would make sure that his wishes were carried out. On the way out of the house, the priest told SM that he'd be cremated and there was no further discussion. He was cremated.

I was with SM when she made the arrangements at the funeral home. Even though the rosary and funeral were going to be in the church, the cremation and misc. things the funeral home would do still racked up a $4500 bill, and that was with myself, my cousins, and my dad's 3 brothers actually digging the hole at the cemetery. I didn't even know that was an option, but when he told us it was, I felt like that would be a great final show of respect for my dad.

We buried his ashes, in this urn. The local VFW honor guard was already there, when we got to the cemetery. I stopped to talk to them, as I carried the urn in. The mixture of emotions from them was moving.

We buried him, in a full size plot, next to my SM's plot, with full military honors. My uncles and cousins helped me dig the hole. I was the one to place his urn in the ground, and the uncles and cousins helped me fill it.

Back to the original question.
                            I told Tina that I want them to harvest any parts or organs (of mine) that are still usable, and then I want to be cremated. I will want my ashes scattered somewhere, although I'm not sure where, just yet. I think cemetery plots and headstones are money poorly spent, and would rather Konnor get that extra $10,000.
                            Last edited by Texastaxi; 02-20-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Take all you can and burn the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X